Chapter 29

Spectra's P.O.V

The whole scene was in chaos. I haven't seen Gus or Grace at all during this.

"Battle terminated," my gauntlet registered and I blinked lost for words.

I look up to Dan and noticed the same thing happen to him.

"If the battle was terminated, why aren't you in ball form Drago?" Dan asked and I was able to put the pieces together.

"The final dimension controller must've been destroyed."

We continued to face off against each other as the palace was slowly exploding.

"I know your Mira's brother, Spectra," Dan says.

"What?"

"There must be some good in you. Let's end this. Grace and you can be a part of the team."

I shot daggers at Dan with my eyes when he brought up Grace. The thought of her joining the Resistance again made me sick. She was loyal to me. I was not going to lose her to anyone.

"Oh, I'll end this alright. No more talking."

I activated my sword card and drew my hand out to the side extending the blade.

Dan's eyes widened and I replied to his offer, "This is my only answer, Dan Kuso."

I aimed for his head only for him to duck. I managed to point the blade at his neck in victory.

"Now draw. Fight like a warrior," I ordered and Dan glares and reluctantly draws his blade.

As our bakugan fought, we fought.

"Spectra! If you're really Mira's brother, there must be some good in you."

"Enough!" I let out angrily.

"If Mira won't give up on you, I won't either. Come on, join the resistance!"

"I'd rather tear you apart," I say darkly and continued to fight.

"You asked for it," Dan said giving up trying and fought.

Our blades crossed and we exchanged taunts.

"Your petty heroics make me sick."

"A brother and sister shouldn't be fighting on opposite sides."

"What do you know about anything?"

"This!" Dan shouted and his blade caused me to turn away as it took my mask off.

It fell to the ground and I looked to face him.

"Guess she got the looks huh?" Dan taunted and that made me furious.

I sprinted towards him hoping to swing the final blow as the palace was about to explode.

"Master Spectra, we must go," Gus' voice called out to me.

I paused my fighting and glanced upward to see the Vestal Destroyer flying above us.

Elico and Vulcan retrieved Helios while I got onto Brontes' shoulder. I put my mask back on as the clock counted down to zero.

I watched from the ship as the palace exploded. I looked on as Gus remained behind me.

"I will always remember that you came back for me," I told Gus.

He nodded his head, "Master Spectra, it pains me to inform you of this information. But you should know that Prince Hydron and the Vexos abandoned New Vestroia. They intend to blame you for everything."