Chapter 51

Hydron's P.O.V

I sat in a lounge looking at Dryoid in his box while twirling my hair nervously. Everything was going according to plan and Shadow Prove and Mylene should be returning back soon with the needed data.

A video message came through and I saw a guard on the other end.

"King Zenoheld requests your presence," was all the guard stated.

I raised an eyebrow, "Why, what's the problem?"

"Please come down to the throne room," The guard said before hanging up.

The thought made me frown. I didn't know what was happening, but something inside me suspected it had to do with those lousy brawlers.

When I stood in front of the throne to face my father, I felt nervous. My body trembled despite the fact I tried to hide it.

"The last of your teammates has disappeared," My father said displeased.

The shock was evident in my face, "What? How?"

"I can only imagine that the brawlers are behind it. No thanks to you," Zenoheld grumbled, "They must have been expecting our arrival which suggests they're either in possession of or have knowledge of the data you failed to destroy."

My eyes widened in fear at the memory. No... It couldn't be.

"Once again you failed me, Hydron."

I gasped further trying to process it.

"It must've been Lync."

"I don't think you understand how unhappy I am," Zenoheld's warning tone spoke.

"Relax," I say arrogantly, "This wasn't my fault. It was that traitor Lync, but I'll take care of it."

"No more chances for you. You must learn that failure has consequences."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the cursed thing. The guards were approaching the throne room and my fear spiked an all-time high. As it grew closer to myself, I found it harder to hold back the choked cry I had.

"Since my words have failed to inspire you, perhaps some time with the agonizer will give you the necessary motivation," My father suggested cruelly, "I assure you, your suffering will only be a fraction of what it cost me."

The machine powered to life and I cried out as the pain hit me. My body grew sore after the torture and I forced my way back to my chambers in pain. My father was angry towards myself and I only thought of Grace. I hoped she was safer than I was. I collapsed on my bed weak and stared at the ceiling, "Father, but why?"

Flashbacks of my battles with Volt and Lync vowing for revenge from beyond the grave haunted me. They were once my comrades and I had taken them out. It was all to show my father my brawling skills, wasn't it?

More visions entered my head as Volt and Lync mocked me before their deaths. Their words cut deep as I jolted myself awake.

I panted and bowed my head calming myself down.

"Time to fight back," I heard Volt's voice tell me.

I lifted my head to see my fallen friend.

"Volt?"

"You can't let him push you around anymore, Hydron."

"He's right, after all you've done for your father, he should be honouring not tormenting you."

"How did you-" I say startled as the apparitions flickered and faced me.

"Destroy him. Take the throne form him. Down with Zenoheld, All hail Prince Hydron," They said in unison.