Chapter 33

Grace's P.O.V

It didn't take too long for Dan and the brawlers to return. When Dan, Marucho and Mira jumped through the portal we rushed over to meet them.

"Master Marucho, Master Dan, Mira, you made it," Baron exclaimed as the three of us ran to meet them.

"Hey guys, what's happening?" Dan asked and smiled at me.

"Where's the red carpet?" Marucho asked and that made me smile.

When I first met them out in the barren landscape, I mocked them for being famous with the other Vexos.

Mira glanced around Klaus' main entrance in awe.

"Wow guys this place is amazing. If I didn't know any better, I'd think we were still at Marucho's house."

"Are you kidding me? Even Marucho's dog house is bigger than this," Ace remarked and Mira laughed.

"Huh, you're probably right, Ace. But seriously, it's like a fairytale. It's a magical palace you've seen in a storybook."

"If this is a magical palace, then it is greatly in need of a princess. Are you interested in the position, Princess Mira? Why yes, that does have a nice ring to it. Greetings, I am Klaus Von Hertzon. Welcome to my home." Klaus asked and walked down the staircase to meet us.

He knelt down and kissed Mira's hand like a prince would. I could tell in Mira's face that she was flattered.

"Dude," Ace said jealous.

I smirked at the sight, Baron and I were aware of Ace's feelings towards her. She was oblivious to it though even when I pointed it out. However, I notice in small moments that Mira returns the feelings. Maybe she knew more than she let on.

Seeing Klaus do his thing so easily made me think of Spectra. I missed him and there was no way Klaus was able to sway my mind from Spectra.

"This guy's cheesy. Why do girls always fall for it?" Dan muttered jealous.

"Oh, please Dan, you wish you were that smooth," Marucho teased.

"Can we get down to business?" Drago demanded in a flat tone.

This caught my attention as I raised my eyebrow.

"I have to agree with Drago, we have some unfinished business to attend to even though I love seeing you guys reacting to Klaus' 'flirting skills'," I say.

Dan looked at me, "Oh yeah, you're right. Why don't you guys fill us in on the Vexos attacks?"

"Dan's right, they're probably out there right now plotting their next move," Mira commented and the rest of us nodded.

"Come then, allow me to show you to the gardens where you can discuss the issue in detail," Klaus offered and we nodded out heads.

When we arrived to the gardens, we immediately talked strategy.

"Luckily for us, the Vexos have only managed to take the Haos energy so far," Mira began.

"So far that we know of for certain. Who knows what's happened to Shun and Ingram since they left for New Vestroia," Wilda said.

"That's a good point," Drago stated, "If only we had some way of contacting them to find out for sure."

"Oh no, do you think they're alright? I really hope they are," Elfin said worried.

"Forget this waiting around business man this is making me crazy. Let's attack them in the secret hideout," Dan let out and I crossed my arms.

He was being rash in his ideas which would lead us to failure if they pursued.