Chapter 45

Grace's P.O. V

The battle between Dan and Spectra raged onward and I stood watching with anticipation. This was the last round and no doubt Spectra was determined.

"That was intense. Whoa boy you were right there, Spectra, this final battle has been a whole lot of fun!" Dan cheered and Spectra ignored him.

"Gate card set!" Spectra said.

"Go Helios! Bakugan Brawl!"

Dan called out Drago once again and Spectra called upon his battle gear. Power leaked from him and his new enhancements.

"Ability activate! Spinning wool!" Dan called out creating an exchange in power.

Helios: 900 – 500 = 400 G's

Drago: 900 + 500 = 1400 G's

"Gate card open! Enemy resetter battle gear ability activate! Twin Destructor Level 2!"

As Helios charged power Spectra explained his move with pride, "The resetter nullifies all the opponent's abilities and it also works with the battle gear doubling the attack power of the battle gear's abilities. There's no way you can win now!"

Helios: 400 + 900 = 1300 G's

Drago: 1400 – 500 = 900 G's

"Your time has come Drago! Say goodnight!" Helios threatened.

A blinding explosion erupted causing both brawlers to turn away for a brief second.

The battle gear seemed to have been using its attack when it glitches out and when the two charged, Drago was bending Helios' battle gear cannons back rendering them useless.

He managed to break the battle gear and an explosion took place draining Helios of his power.

Helios: 1300 – 100 =1200 G's

Drago: 900 G's

"The battle gear!" Spectra called out and I was shocked.

"That's insane," I say.

The two bakugan launched a beam towards each other with a massive force of energy. When Drago pulled power from the other attributes, I swallowed realizing the battle was over. I think under his facade, Spectra realized it too.

When Helios was hit, the ground erupted in an insane amount of energy. I felt the very ground crumbling beneath my feet. Spectra and Dan both cried out as they were blown back. The pillar we stood on reduced to rubble as we started to fall.

I cried out as I fell and braced for impact. When we crashed, we didn't hit the ground and go splat as I thought, but instead we landed in Helios' hand. He had saved us.

"Helios," Spectra said and I could hear the concern laced in his tone.

I struggled to get up and I was scratched pretty bad.

"Grace?" Titan asked and I rubbed my head.

"I'm quite alright, but I have this itching feeling that won't go away."

"You're good Dan, the best," Spectra explained, "Perhaps it's time I consider working for the best instead of against it."

He took his hand towards his mask and I was shocked to see him take it off.

"Things are looking brighter," Spectra mused and Mira ran into his arms crying out for joy. He smiled at her and I turned away.

The nagging feeling wasn't leaving. It was challenging me. I couldn't lose my brawling spirit. I wanted a battle, my Storm Brooke personality demanded it.