Chapter 50

Grace's P.O.V

The ball must've reacted badly with the scenery as the arena began to glitch out.

"What the-" Mylene gasped

"What's happening?" Shadow wondered.

"There's been a rupture in the interspace continuum. Senses areshowing an internal gravitational shift. Then we're getting error," A scientist informed us.

"Dan, what's wrong?" Runo asked him worried.

"That ball that Mylene threw somehow opened up a dimensional that's causing Bakugan Interspace to shut down on itself," Marucho analyzed.

"It's no use, we're unable to stabilize the interspace gate."

"That's impossible," I let out angrily.

I wanted to go up there and unleash my anger, but Ace held me back tightly.

"Ace, let me go," I seethed angrily.

"No way," Ace disagreed.

"But I have to help," I choked out, "I can't let them die."

Ace forced me to face him, "Don't worry, they won't. None of them will. We'll get them out, I promise."

"Keith, Mira! What's going on? What did you do?" Dan shouted into the microphone.

Keith and Mira were unable to respond as they watched the swirling ball of light getting stronger. It began to suck in the arena and I watched helpless with the other brawlers.

I shut my eyes tightly breaking out of Ace's gaze. I ran to the controls with the other scientists hoping to help find a way to stabilize Bakugan Interspace with no avail.

Frantically, I continued to assist the other technicians praying with every ounce of my being that I was able to bring everyone home.

"What's happening in there man?" Dan asked Marucho.

"It must have something to do with that weird sphere Mylene threw down. It's causing some crazy distortion and not it looks like the Bakugan Interspace is trying to swallow itself up," the blonde answered.

"Why are we standing around talking then? We gotta get Mira and Keith then," Ace stated.

"That's what we're trying to do, Ace," I tell him while frantically putting in an override code.

I swore loudly when it was rejected. The sequence from Bakugan Interspace was malfunctioning beyond repair.

Marucho was thinking and Dan urged him on, "Think faster Marucho. If we don't get them out of there soon, we might lose them for good."

"Come on, there's got to be something you can do," Baron brought up.

"If I activate the emergency shut-down, I could stop the distortion, but that may trap Mira and Keith inside," Marucho suggests typing into the monitor beside me.

"That won't do," I frowned.

"I know, Grace. And I'll need your help. I can try to extract them first just to be safe," Marucho said as he and I typed various codes.

"Alright Marucho, we're ready to start the extraction. Can you tell them?" I told him and he nodded speaking into the microphone.

While he did, I held my breath. I was beyond scared that Keith would be trapped. If he and Mira didn't return I don't know what I would do.

Mira's P.O.V

"What's happening, Keith?" I asked worried.

"Bakugan Interspace, it looks like it's collapsing on itself," my brother observed.