Chapter 24

Mira's P.O.V

I woke up to see Grace looking at me riled.

"What happened?" I asked concerned.

"Your brother happened," she replied flatly.

"What did he do?" I ask her.

"He was lying in bed sleeping. Somehow, he woke up and began kissing me," she said repulsed.

"Did you like it?" I say trying to get to the bottom of it.

Grace neither agreed or disagreed.

"Whatever, let's just go," I told her and together we headed to the battlefield.

We arrived first and I inspected the area. It seemed decent and did not look like it gave an unfair advantage. I knew the Vexos were cunning in battles and will take any measures to ensure they win.

Grace looked around and froze as we saw my brother standing in the center of the battlefield watching us with motionless eyes. They flickered towards Grace as she dared him silently to say something.

"I'm glad you suggested this. I've been looking forward to a rematch," he smirked.

"Good, but first you have to accept the stakes. I warn you they're high. If I win Keith, you will be my brother again."

Grace scoffed in the background and my brother just smiled.

"That's fine, but what if I win? What will you do for me then Mira?"

I was taken back by his question.

"Well then it's only fair. If I lose then Grace and I will be at your command."

"Oh Mira, have you not noticed that Grace is under my command. She remembers her debt she owes me and I intend to cash in."

I looked at Grace to see her horrified. She sulked and glared. Then she looked at me.

"Don't worry about me Mira, battle him and get Keith back," she reassured me.

"But you won't be battling," I protested and she shook her head.

Between the two of us, Grace was stronger of a brawler with Titan. Unfortunately, Grace did not have her gauntlet anymore and it was up to me. She looked tense at my brother and then turned to me.

"It doesn't matter. I can deal with him. You need to get back to the brawlers."

I nodded my head as Spectra spoke up, "How about I sweeten your side of the deal?"

Grace and I exchanged confused looks and then stared at him listening.

"If you win, not only will I be your brother, but Grace will not have to pay her debt. If I win though, she's mine and you'll be at my command."

"And what of Hydron?" Grace asked, her eyes enraged.

Spectra looked at her intensely, "That spoiled brat of a prince? Hardly worth your time don't you think?"

Grace was silent and kept looking at him. He took a deep breath and I knew something was going on between the two staring off at each other.

"I'll accept those terms," I stated.

"It's a deal," Spectra finalized and Grace clenched her fists about not being able to battle.

"Go Gauntlet! Power strike!" Spectra and I yelled beginning the battle.

Grace's P.O.V

I crossed my arms unimpressed at the stakes. I was like some trophy waiting to be won. The look in Spectra's eyes told me we had to settle some things and I could tell by his tone, he despised Hydron.