Chapter 55

Grace's P.O.V

We all reconvened and filled each other in the on the events. Mira was quiet sitting down sill thinking of her father's death. She slowly stood to faced Dan, "It's okay, I'malright guys."

"Mira..." Dan said.

"With Zenoheld, Hydron father gone, we are all finally safe from harm's way and can move on."

"It'll defninitely take some time to get u se to it," I chimed in, "But I believe we can move past this."

Dan smiled, "It's finally over."

Mira streteched out her hand, "Yes, it's time that we end our journey and return to Vestal."

"I admit I wasn't a big fan of yours when we first met, but now you're just like family to me. Thank you, Dan."

"Wow, thank you, Mira." Dan replied, "Take care of yourself."

He looked at me as I stepped away from Keith's side. I held out my hand.

"Thank you Kuso for showing me the light again. I'm sorry we started off so rocky, but now I'm glad we were able to work together."

"No problem, Grace, take care," Dan smiled.

"Try not to miss me too much, okay guys?" Baron said.

"Well, we'll try out best not to," Marucho promised.

"Stay chill, Shun," Ace said.

"Always," Shun agreed.

Our bakugan were in a conversation of their own and Titan stood engaging with them. It made me glad to see he was doing well after witnessing his former owner's death. Finally, I turned my head to see Keith walk up to me and faced Dan.

"Dan," Keith said, "Try not to get into too much trouble, okay? I won't be around to watch your back all the time. If you ever need anything, don't heasitate to reach out."

"Thanks," Dan said grateful.

"You showed me the error of my ways and I thank you for that, Dan Kuso."

"We both do and now I'm glad we can consider each other Allies," Gus agreed.

"Allies?" Dan laughed, "Dude, we're brothers."

He shook Keith's hand and Gus put his over to and I smiled with Mira watching the two enemies make amends.

Dan pulled away and stood in front of a portal that was created to take them backto earth.

"Alright take it easy guys. Don't be strangers,kay? Come visit!" Dan told us.

"You always have a place to crash at at my house," Marucho said.

"Take care," Shun said.

With that, they ran off into the portal and we watched as it closed. Once it did, Mira reached out, "Dan..."

Keith and I stepped forward and put a hand on her shoulders, "Hey, don't worry, you''ll see them again."

"Definitely, and remember, you still have us," I tellher, "We're not going anywhere."

Shelooked at us and smiled. Keith lifted his head and said, "Vestal Destroyer, Destination Vestal go!"

The ship headed back home to Alpha City and while we were in flight, I sat with Mira.

"It's crazy to think about everything that's happened," I joked.

"Agreed, promise we won't ever have to go through that again," Mira said.