Epilogue

Two Years Later

Grace's P.O.V

Ever since the Resistance won, things have gone back to a new normal. I stepped back with Titan and brawling occasionally brawled against Ace, Baron and Mira.

Speaking of Mira, she went back to visit Dan on Earth. I wished her well and we had grown tight over the past three years.

Meanwhile, Keith and I remained on Vestal. Keith was working in his father's old lab with Helios no doubt improving battle gear and Gus joined. I on the other hand decided to go back to school and get a degree and work to improve the state of Vestal.

One day, Keith received a distress call and told me he was going to a place called bakugan interspace. I looked at him recalling the place Marucho spent so long in the lab to create.

"Keith, let me come with you and Gus," I pleaded and Keith shook his head.

"No," he said firmly, "It's dangerous for you. I don't want you getting hurt."

I frowned and took his hand in mind, "Then please be careful."

"I promise, I'll come back to you," Keith promised kiss my forehead.

He took his new mask and coat to symbolize a new Spectra Phantom, a now darkus brawler.

I met Gus and Keith on the roof with the Vestal Destroyer.

"Please keep him safe," I told Gus and he nodded his head, "I will."

"Don't be afraid to kick his butt for me if he screws up," I whispered in Gus' ear. He chuckled catching Keith's attention. 

"Of course," Gus promised and I nodded my head, "Take care of yourself as well."

We gave a quick hug and I pulled away to face Keith.

"Tell Mira I said hi, okay?" I told him and he gave me a nod.

"Ace and Baron will still be here," Keith told me, "Don't cause too much trouble."

"No promises," I laughed and held him one last time before he left with Gus.

I watched the Vestal Destroyer leave and I stood there alone. He would be back, I just knew it. I managed to keep myself busy for the next two months and I was overjoyed to find Keith back in our apartment. We caught up on the state of affairs of the brawlers. I learned about a new enemy and was less than pleased to hear that Keith had almost gotten trapped in bakugan interspace. Luckily, he and Gus were safe. Mira promised to be back in a few months and she was excited to catch up with me and I her.

That night, I sat with Keith as he talked in a quiet tone.

"Do you remember when I told you all you needed to do is tell me and I'd go down on one knee for you?"

"Yes," I say slowly confused.

I gasped as a Keith proceeded to f just that. He pulled out a ring and held it out to me.

"Grace Hudson. I love you and I realized that in the time we spent apart, I can't live without you. Will you do me the honours of being my wife?"

Tears of joy fell down my face as I nodded my head, I wrapped my arms around Keith.

"Yes, a thousand times yes!"

Keith spun me around and we kissed each other before he slipped the ring on my finger.

It wasn't easy planning a wedding but thankfully we had Mira with us. She was excited and happy to be back in Vestal for this. 

A year later, the day had come. It was a small affair. All the brawlers were in attendance. Shun, Gus, Marucho, Ace, Baron, Runo and even Julie. We even had Dan tracked down after he went on a hiatus after he saved the world.

I was alone getting ready and I pulled out a letter from Hydron's box and I opened it.

Dear Grace,

If you're reading this, then it means you're about to be married. I am so happy for you and wish I was there. Remember I am always in your heart and am proud. Is it to Keith or to someone else? Either way as long as you are happy and they treat you well, I am happy.

I could only imagine how beautiful you must look in your wedding dress. If they ever mistreat you, don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. You truly deserve the world.

I guess as for parting words since I don't know who is passing you off whether it be Professor Clay or one of the brawlers, Relish in the moment. The joys of being in love and continue to build on that happiness.

Don't do anything you aren't comfortable with and if whoever marries you hurts you in anyway just know I will personally see to it that I will haunt them forever.

Enjoy your special day, Grace.

XX Hydron.

I chuckled at Hydron's words. Even after three years, he was still just as protective over me as when we were kids.

"Thanks, Hydron," I say into the empty room hoping my words would reach him wherever he may be.

I remembered the nervousness I felt as I walked down the aisle in my white dress. My hair was done is a beautiful up do that I would wear when I was at the palace. Strands of curls gave it a natural feeling.

Keith stood at the end of the aisle with Klaus who officiated with wet eyes. I met him at the altar and he took my hands in his.

"You look beautiful," Keith said.

"And you charming," I winked.

Klaus commenced the ceremony and we read our vows. No one objected to the wedding thank goodness and when it came to kissing the bride, Keith was more than eager as he brought his lips to mine with the brawler's cheering in the background. It was official.

The reception was a party with the bakugan and the trainers altogether. The time came for Keith and I's first dance. The music went slow as Keith led me around the dancefloor. Hehad a wide grin across his face.

"How does it feel Mrs. Firmen?"

"This is amazing," I smiled back.

"I'm la to hear that," Keith said spinning me around.

I smiled and reflected on everything that led to this moment. All the pain I had endured and now I was finally free. I could never forget everyone I met and the man I fell in love with. It made my fight for freedom worth it and I know I would endure the pain ten times over if I knew this would happen.

This was my happy ending and I closed my eyes letting the moment take me away.