Chapter 7

Grace's P.O.V

I woke up to a blinding light and covered my eyes. I tried to stretch only to feel soft skin beneath my grasping hand. I raise my head slightly only to find an arm cushioning me head. I turn my head towards Hydron who is snoring soundly beside me. His other arm was resting across my body, holding me tight.

"Well, nice to see you awake," Hydron says tired.

He moves his arm back allowing me to breath and I glared.

"Were you trying to cuddle me all night like a teddy bear?"

"Interesting choice of words, Gracie."

"Admit it you were," I say as I pushed him off the big bed.

He landed on the ground with a thump and I let out a laugh.

"Haha, very funny."

He then got up and shoved me off the bed.

I let out a noise as I hit the ground. I swore and walked over to punch the smirk off the prince's face. He caught my fist and held it lovingly.

"Not so fast. You can get me back later, but I have to get dressed," he said flatly.

I pouted and he walked away to get dressed. Once he was out of sight, I collapsed on the bed and wrapped myself in the sheets that were laced in our scents. I sniffed it. The intoxicating scent filled my body and made me light inside.

I curled across the bed and placed my head on the pillow.

"Come on, it's time to get up and if I have to, you have to too," he stated unhappy.

With protest, he scooped me up in his arms and dropped me on the ground. He gave me one of his devilish smirks and tossed me some more clothes.

"Hurry up and get dressed, next time I'll throw some water on you," Hydron joked and walked into the washroom.

I sulked as I got dressed in my uniform and put on my mask. My hair was still down and I had planned to put it up and in fact was in the process when someone knocked on the door.

"I'll get it," Hydron rushes and pushed me out of the way.

He looked at me concerned.

"Do not say a single word," he ordered and I rolled my eyes.

He opened the door to reveal a guard.

"Your highness, the King wishes to speak with you and Miss Brooke during breakfast this morning. He expects to see the both of you by a quarter after nine," the guard explained.

Hydron scowled, "That's in five minutes. Why did you not tell me sooner?"

"I tried to sir, but no one answered the door."

"Whatever, you're dismissed," Hydron said frustrated and shut the door.

He turned to me and I had my hair pulled back.

"Five minutes Hydron? Really?"

"Sorry, but we have to make do. Come on," he sighed and we headed out the door.

Before we entered the room, he stopped me, "Take off your mask."

"Why?"

"Just do it. It's my father and although he knows your Storm since you pledged allegiance to the Vexos, it'll be more respectful."

I gave him a weird look and he was hiding something from me.

Hydron turned to open the door and we took a seat at the table in front of a screen.