Chapter 5

Storm's P.O.V

When I arrived back to headquarters, the rest of the Vexos were waiting for me.

"What happened today?" Spectra asked and I met his gaze.

"The Resistance is no match against us. It was too easy to defeat them," I say arrogantly.

"Where's the bakugan? If it was easy, then you should have taken it," Mylene snapped trying to find a weak point in my story.

"I won his guardian bakugan, but unlike you, I like to have a fair fight."

With that said, I pushed myself past them and Shadow called out behind me.

"Running away coward. You probably ran with your tail between your legs."

That got my temper enraged. I raced back to the group and sucker punched Shadow across the face. Lync laughs hysterically and even Mylene had the hint of a smile.

Grinning triumphantly, I stormed off to be by myself before dinner. Once I was inside of my room, I tore off the mask and strands of hair fell to my face. I stormed through to a closet and opened the door. I peered to see all the teddy bears he had given me over our relationship. Cards were contained in folders. I had collected them over the years and they stemmed from when we were in grade school.

I stumbled across something and I picked it up. It was a picture from when we first met. I smiled at the memory.

It was a summer day and I was playing on the playground at the local park. It was so much fun. I was about seven years old and played with Mira who was a year younger than me. She was chasing me when I accidentally ran into someone. Keith, her brother, who was eleven, was sitting on a bench reading a book.

The boy I bumped into turned around and I saw his mint green locks and violet eyes of wonder. He looked at me unsure and I made a face.

"Sorry about that," I say embarrassed.

"Do you know who I am?" The boy questioned me snooty.

I glared and crossed my arms.

"Should I?"

The boy pouted and Mira caught up. She was only a year younger than me, but we were best friends. She saw the boy and gasped slightly and did not say anything. She looked at me and ran to get her brother.

"I'm P-P-Prince Hydron," he stammered.

I shrugged my shoulders and challenged him, "Are you sure you're a prince? Where's your crown?"

Hydron's face turned red and I laughed it off.

"No sweat Hydron. My name's Grace. I'm seven years old. Want to play?"

A grin broke out onto the prince's face as I tapped his shoulder and ran. I bolted off and turned around to see him standing there confused.

I ran back and frowned.

"Have you never played tag before?"

"I didn't really have much a childhood. I have to focus on my studies if I want to be king," he sighs.

"That's crazy. Everyone deserves to have fun. Come on. It's really easy to play, trust me."

I looked at him and took my hand in mine. He snatched it back only to have me grab it again. He looked at our interlocking hands and I smiled.

"Come on," I say and dragged him along.

He followed and I explained the game to him. I tapped him and ran off only to find him running after me. We played all afternoon and by the end of it, we were lying on our backs watching the sky change to sunset.