Chapter 34

Grace's P.O.V

There I was in the Vestal Destroyer face to face with Spectra. It's been six months since I've seen him and I thought that would be our last time.

"Is this real?" I say hoping I wasn't dreaming.

Spectra took a step towards me.

"I thought you died in the crumbling palace," he said placing a hand on my cheek.

"I thought you did too," I admitted and my voice cracked slightly.

I recalled Mira telling me what she saw. Her worried tone for her brother had me reeling with grief.

I never got the chance to talk to him and I thought I was dreaming when I made that call.

I clutched his jacket and held it tightly afraid to let go. I held back tears and when I pulled away Spectra smiled at me.

"You know what this means?" He asks me and I look up.

"What?"

"This means I can't let you leave," his voice says seriously.

I narrowed my eyes.

"How so?"

"My dear, the Vexos are after you and they won't stop. The best place to be is with me. Gus and I are working on a way to block the Vexos transporter from the mother palace to coming to Vestal. I can protect you."

I shook my head, "I can protect myself. Besides I'm the leader."

"Are you?" Spectra asked me.

"I am. Mira and I are having a good time. Besides I can't just abandon the team like that. They're being hunted by the Vexos too."

"Stop being so stubborn Grace," Spectra told me frowning.

I shook my head.

"No Keith," I say using his real name.

No one was here so it didn't matter.

"Grace, I care about you," He confessed and I blinked at him in shock.

"I know, but you also know what I need to do," I state and he nods his head.

"Just promise me you'll visit more often. And I get to call you whenever I please."

I scoffed, he was so clingy it was adorable.

"I bet you're tracking me on my gauntlet," I state firmly.

The redness in his face gave me my answer and I rolled my eyes.

"First you look through my drawers and now this?"

Spectra let out a sigh, "Okay, I only did each of those things once. You told me where you were. After the explosion, I needed to know where you were so I activated a feature on my gauntlet that allows me to track your gauntlet's signal."

I gritted my teeth and punched his arm. Instantly Gus rushed over and pulled me away.

"Shall I dispose of her, Master?" Gus asked and I glared.

"No Gus, it's fine. You can leave me with her," Spectra replied bored.

Gus was uncertain and eventually walked away giving me dirty looks. When he was gone, Spectra turned back to me.

"I guess I deserved that," he muttered.

"You guess?" I inquired and he shrugged his shoulders.

I sighed looking at him and shook my head in disbelief.