Chapter 4

Storm's P.O.V

"What are we waiting for? I haven't got all day you know!" I called out to him annoyed.

He looked pale as a ghost and he watched me unsure. I was only four years older than him at sixteen.

I sighed, "Fine then, if you refuse to bring your bakugan into battle, then I have no other choice. Ability Activate! Steal Clutch!"

Water Raven let out a shot of blue energy and hit Baron. He cried out trying to fight the power, but eventually the beam retreated throwing one of his bakugan into the battle. He was shocked as well as the resistance.

"But how?" Baron let out.

"Steal clutch is supposed to drain your bakugan by 200 G's but transfer them to Water-Raven. But it also works as tool to get the opponent's weakest bakugan out onto the battlefield," I explain already knowing the result of the battle.

"Ability Activate! Crescent Dissolve!"

Raven opened her wings and shot a vicious ray of water towards Baron's bakugan. The power difference was over 500 and this attack would guarantee me a new bakugan. I mean I wasn't a Haos brawler, but I could easily make do.

"Hurry Baron, quit playing defense!" Dan warned and Baron snapped out of his state of confusion.

"Oh right. Ability activate! Aquos Shield!" Baron shouted and counterattacked with a defensive move.

I stopped and laughed. Baron's bakugan didn't stand a chance against Water-Raven. Luckily for Baron, he got to keep his bakugan.

I crossed my arms unimpressed.

"Well this feels like such a waste. Why do I even bother? Where's your dignity as a brawler? The confidence? From where I stand, you appear to be a lost kid in a candy store."

Baron's face went red and his eyes seemed even more worried. A part of me felt relived while the other half felt upset. I knew Baron in the past and he was always such a good kid. A little excited I admit, but he was a good brawler inside. He just lacked the confidence.

"Pull yourself together Baron," Mira ordered and she continued to watch him battle.

The second round went the same, although I noticed a little more fight. The hint of a grin was plastered onto my face. He may have been getting more confident, but I wasn't going to let him win the battle. I wanted to steal his guardian. I wanted to see the look on his face and say a few words of encouragement.

The whole Resistance began to talk to Baron's bakugan and they managed to convince him to use it. I smiled deviously and excitedly.

"Let's do this," I grin cheerfully.

"Gate Card set!" Baron shouted starting the battle.

I was taken back by the action. I ever expected him to start the battle.

Nether less, I had to still win and show this kid his place.

"Bakugan brawl! Rise Mega Nemus!"

Nemus rose and I laughed it off.

"Pathetic, time to see real power!" I threaten and toss in Titan.

Titan: 500 G's

Nemus: 450 G's

"Well not too bad," I murmur, "Ability Activate! Aqua Blue!"

Titan: 500 + 200 = 700 G's

Nemus: 450 G's

"Not so fast!" Baron shouted, "Spark Roa!"

Nemus began to glow with a white light and I watch the power exchange.