Chapter 13

Storm's P.O.V

When I woke up I was curled up in a tight ball against the wall. Strands of hair fell to my face and Gus walked over to me.

"Storm," he asked, "Where's Spectra?"

I shrugged my arms unsure.

"How should I know? I don't keep tabs on him like you do."

Gus' face went red.

"I don't keep tabs on him. I'm just curious, that's all."

I stood up with my mask on and arms crossed.

"Sure. Call it what you want," I teased and Gus tossed me a box.

"What is this" I ask him dumb fowled.

"Humans here have their drinks in boxes," He shrugged and I took a sip.

"It tastes like orange," I say drinking it.

My stomach began to not growl any longer.

"Thanks Gus," I tell him and he nods his head and takes a seat.

"Um, why are you being so nice to me?" I ask him and he frowns.

"Can't we be friends Storm?"

I shook my head.

"You want something from me, don't you? Why else are you being so generous. Especially when your master isn't here."

"You can think what you want, but that is not the case."

I rolled my eyes and he continued, "Spectra really cares about you, you know?"

I put the juice box down and look up at him.

"Of course, he does. I'm part of the Vexos. He's my leader."

"You know that is not what I am talking about."

I remained silent and Gus resumed, "He went against Hydron's orders when he first encountered you. He was supposed to take you just to Hydron. Not to drag you into battle and become a Vexos."

"Why didn't he?" I ask him slowly, already knowing the answer.

"I think you know the answer. The question is... Did he make the right choice? Hydron is afraid of this place. He planned on keeping you oblivious to earth and the world beyond the palace. He wanted you to himself and nothing else. Now that you're here, do you really want to go back to New Vestroia just to stay cooped up in the palace?"

His words cut me to the core and I was in deep thought. He had a point. I swallowed and thought about my past with Hydron.

Hydron had one flaw. He was a spoiled, cowardly prince. Although he appeared to have power, he was merely a pawn in his father's game. A useless one at that based on the way his father treats him. I didn't understand why his father approved of me. He would never leave the safety of the palace.

Then you have Spectra Phantom or as I use to know him Keith Firmen. He was always looking out for me since we were kids and I tackled him when I first saw him. He helped save me from the brink of death. He offered me a home and friendship. Could it be something more?

I hear the door open and the rain is still falling outside. In comes a wet Spectra. Water drips off of him and Gus runs over to him worried. I just sat there staring at him in thought.

"Master Spectra, I thought you ditched me," Gus accused hurt.

I stifled a laugh.

"And what am I Gus? Just bad company?" I taunted and he glares.