Chapter 6

Storm's P.O.V

Going through these memories brought up so many different emotions ranging from hate to love. I sighed loudly remembering the bitter breakup.

After Mira gave me the ultimatum, I made my choice to listen to her. Saving the bakugan was important to me and I had to do just that. Hydron had to understand.

Hydron visited the apartment and Mira answered the door. She gave the look and I sighed quietly.

"What's up Hydron?" I ask him unsure of what is going on.

"Hey, I just wanted to talk about us, alone," he replied and I give him a worried look.

Was he going to break up with me? It would've made the issue much easier, but would break my heart just the same.

At my worried expression he reassured me, "Don't worry Gracie, I won't break up with you. I love you too much."

I let out a smile of relief and nodded my head. His violet eyes pierced me and kept me mesmerized. How was I going to break this boy's heart?

"I was wondering Grace, if you would like to reside at the Palace with me and my father and the rest of the Vexos?"

I widened my eyes in shock. It would be an honour to stay at the Palace with the royals and the Vexos.

I sighed and avoided his gaze. He looked at me starting to get more unsure. He took my hand in his and held it out in front of him. His eyes gleaming with desperation. Uncertainty... It was present.

Mira's threat hung in my head. Her words cutting me deep until I couldn't find myself.

"Is something wrong, my dear? Are you not happy? Was I too much? We can slow things down and wait if you want, I don't want to pressure you."

"It's not that, it's just..." I say and my voice trails off in thought.

"Just what?"

"I can't be with you," I let out sad and Hydron furrows his eyebrow.

"That's okay, you can live with Mira and Professor Clay still if you wish. I don't mind having to visit you," He said smiling and I shook my head.

"No, Hydron. I can't be with you," I tell him again, but more seriously.

The message seems to have gotten across and Hydron's face sank as he looked at me.

"You can't be serious? Why?" He asked starting to get more upset.

"I'm sorry Hydron. It's not you it's me. I just can't do this with you. I think that it's best for the both of us if we just stop seeing each other."

Hydron's face turns into a frown, "I just don't get it. We've been going strong for so long. What changed?"

"I just came to a realization. I'm sorry."

The prince hung his head low and I took his hand.

"You'll always be in my heart, and I will never forget what you have done for me,"

We sat there together in silence and the tears were threatening to spill on my cheeks. I couldn't bear myself to leave, but if I stayed I would just fall apart.

I got up from my seat and Hydron looked at me with teary eyes.

"Don't leave me Gracie," he begged.