Chapter 54

Grace's P.O.V

"Ready to destroy that power rector, Titan?" I asked and Titan nodded.

"Ability activate! Tidal Fury plus fusion ability Aqua Vanquisher!"

With our attack combined with the other brawlers, we were able to destroy the alternative. The smoke came out as we made our way to the exit. Upon exiting, I took note of the chaos. Gus was fleeing with Marucho and I flew over to him as he shouted confused.

"Where did Hydron go?" He said catching my attention. I stopped Titan and looked at him, "Where is he?"

Gus looked at me unsure and he called out my name as I flew around the alternative looking for my friend. It was dangerous, but I needed to get him and Dryoid out of here.

"Over there," I told Titan as we flew to the top where Zenoheld was.

We saw Dryoid stab Farbus let out a cry before losing all of its power. Dryoid then jumped reaching in to grab Zenoheld.

"Going somewhere, old man?" I heard Hydron's voice taunt as I flew closer.

"Hydron!" Zenoheld seethed.

Hydron gave his father a harsh look and I looked at Hydron uneasy, "Hydron, what are you doing?"

Hydron looked at me briefly, "I'm being the man you want me to be. Nobody wants me around. Not Gus after he sprang me from jail. Not my father who only saw me as a disappointment. Not you whom I left tied up in exchange for my father's approval."

"Hydron, I'll always want you around no matter what," I tell him.

Hydron just gave me a long look and did not say anything. Meanwhile, more explosions took place around us as the alternative was being destroyed.

"I think it's only fitting that the captain go down with his ship, don't you agree with me, father?"

"Are you mad Hydron? Don't you realize you won't make it out of here either, you fool!" Zenoheld shouted.

"No, Hydron, he's right," I agreed, "You'll be killed."

His lip formed a tight line, "I know."

"No," I say shaking my head, "No, I won't let this happen to you."

I jumped from Titan's shoulder and onto Dryoid much to Hydron's dismay.

Dryoid had a firm grip on the king so he could not anywhere. I grabbed Hydron by the shoulders, "We need to get out of here. Now."

"No Grace," Hydron said, "It is time for me to be a hero to you. I've done nothing but cause you misery."

Tear began to stream down my face, "Please, Hydron, I don't want to lose you."

"Grace," Hydron says softly placing his hands on my hips bringing me in close. He kissed my forehead.

"Do you remember when we were kids and promised to be together forever?" Hydron said.

I nodded my head. We were inseparable then. It was a promise that still remained deep down in both of us. No matter what had happened.

"Don't break this promise by staying here," I begged him, "We can be best friends again. Go on crazy adventures. There is still so much we haven't done."

In that moment, every good moment Hydron and I had together had taken over my mind. Every kiss, every hug, all the reassuring words he whispered in my ear to block out my insecurities. He knew me better than anyone else.

"Grace, you deserve to have a future," Hydron told me, "You're in love with Spectra and I know he loves you as much as it pains me to accept it. I want you to be happy."