Chapter 41

Grace's P.O.V

I stumbled back to face Hydron as he made his appearance.

"Why the shocked face, Grace? I thought we we're old friends here. Oh, that's right, you decided to stab me in the back and cause me to lose my title," Hydron snapped.

I scoffed, "Did the title even mean that much to you?"

"You know what it meant. It meant my father's approval."

"Why do you even need his approval? He'll never acknowledge you. Heck, even if your father died, I doubt he would leave the throne to you."

"He will when I bring you in," Hydron concluded preparing his gauntlet.

"I thought we were friends, but I barely know you," I frown setting my own gauntlet.

"Me too, but fate has pushed us to where we are now and I shall fight to succeed. Even if it means taking you down."

"It doesn't have to be like this, Hydron. Leave your father, have a fresh start," I tell him optimistic.

"What is there outside of my life now? No one to have my back and constantly being ridiculed? This is the only life I have ever known."

"You have me."

"What? Is that supposed to make me feel better? You're with him now. It makes me sick to see you two together. I'd rather be thrown in the dungeons for the rest of my life," Hydron spat.

He could barely speak Spectra's name and I could sense the heartache in his tone. I blinked hard and activated my gauntlet.

"Enough talk. If you want me, you got to beat me," I challenged.

"Grace, that's a challenge I'm willing to take," Hydron said, "Prepare to be turned in."

"Gauntlet Power Strike!"

"Hey, what are you doing?" Hydron asked me curiously.

I turned to see a twelve-year old Hydron looking at me with concerned eyes.

I turned my head away, "Oh, it's nothing. I just zoned out for a second."

"Don't worry I do that too," Hydron smiled and we looked out at the sunset together.

"How come you don't stay in the palace. If you're a prince, don't you have prince things to do?"

"I'd rather hang out with you. You're my best friend," Hydron told me and I smiled.

"You're my best friend too," I told him and he flashes me a grin.

"Even more than Mira?"

"Yeah."

"Promise we'll be friends forever," Hydron asked and I nodded my head.

"Most definitely."

"Grace, focus, we have a battle to win," Titan said snapping back to reality as I witness Hydron's attack hit Titan.

Titan: 500 G's

Dryoid: 900 G's

"Ability Activate! Storm Seige!" I called out.

Titan: 500 + 400 = 900 G's

Dryoid: 900 – 200 = 700 G's

"Is that all you got?" Hydron laughed and I gritted my teeth.

"Ability activate! Mar Shield!"

Titan: 900 – 400 = 500 G's

Dryoid: 700 + 200 = 900 G's

"No way, he switched the power," I gasp looking briefly at my gauntlet.