Chapter 18

Storm's P.O.V

I let myself fall into Spectra's embrace. His broad arms stretching around me and holding me tightly. As if he was scared of letting me go. I forced back tears and just hung onto him. And he let me.

"I can't believe I lost," I let out finally.

"Don't worry about it Grace, everything is going to be okay," Spectra reassured me.

"How can you be so sure?" I ask hopelessly.

"I just know," he said faintly.

I blinked hard taking in my loss and what I've just lost.

"I've lost my freedom, Keith. I don't want to lose you too," I tell him holding back tears.

"You won't ever lose me Grace. I'm always here for you. We'll figure it out, I promise. You just have to hold on."

I nodded my head and Helios popped out of his ball.

"Pathetic emotions," he murmured and Titan opened up.

"Please you would do the same," he taunted before bouncing off my shoulder.

"Why you..." Helios mussed before chasing after him.

"Promise you'll come visit me in the Vestal Palace?"

"Every day I will," Spectra promised and I nodded my head feeling reassured.

"Come on, it's getting late. Tomorrow we have a big day ahead of us."

I nodded my head and didn't rise to my feet. Spectra did though, he reached a gloved hand out towards me and I took it.

"Keith, do you think you could stay with me tonight?" I say quietly looking up at him.

He took his mask off and peered into my deep brown eyes. He nodded his head and picked me up. He placed me on the bed and left to go get dressed for the night. I did as well.

I opened the sheets and Spectra returned. He took a spot in the big bed beside me. He reached on arms beside him and I placed my head on it gently. With his other arm, he wrapped it around my body. Like those nights in the warehouse.

"How did life get like this Keith?" I ask him unsure.

Spectra didn't speak. No one was awake, so it was safe to use our real names.

"Grace, I don't how, but you have captivated my heart all these years."

"We were pretty troublesome growing up," I teased.

"Indeed, we were and now we're here. I can't say that I'm not disappointed."

I laughed at his words.

"You always knew what to say," I say with red cheeks.

"You're too cute when you blush," he said and kissed my forehead.

I nestled up against him and a grin crept onto his face.

"I finally have something that I've always wanted to take from the Prince," he said with dark eyes.

"And what may that be?" I challenged and he grinned, "You."

Then he brought himself down on top of me. His lips hit mine with such force, I was taken back by such shock. He was in control.

His kisses trailed down my face and neck. He was on top of me and his deep voice whispered in my ear.

"I know you want to do something, Grace. And I'm telling you... Do it."