Chapter 19

Storm's P.O.V

At the sight of him, I froze and held back the bitterness in my tongue.

Hydron wore his clothes and twirled his mint green hair in his seat. The other Vexos stared at us around the table. Mira's eyes distracted by me. I clenched my fists and took a step forward from Spectra and Gus.

"Hydron," I greeted curtly.

"Ah Storm, I must say welcome to Gamma City. It has been a while since we've been here together," Hydron states and I nod my head silently.

"It has been Hydron," I agree.

"What are you doing down here, my prince?" Spectra says finally.

His tone was respectful, but I could sense the bitterness laced with it.

"Ah Spectra, nice of you to finally speak. Please all of you, take a seat," Hydron stated.

I looked to see an empty seat beside Hydron and the other two seats were scattered across the table.

I made a move to go sit across the table with Spectra when Hydron stopped me.

"Storm, why go all the way over there? I saved a seat just for you," Hydron said confused.

"Oh, that's too kind of you Hydron," I say with gratitude and sit beside him.

I caught him staring at me trying to read my face. I showed nothing as he watched me. He sighed and then addressed everyone.

Spectra and Gus took the two remaining seats. Spectra didn't stray his gaze from my face and I watched with the same concern.

"I must first say welcome back Vexos. I haven't seen you in a long time. And I wished I didn't have to see you this soon."

We all exchanged troubled looks. The brawlers had destroyed two of the three dimension controllers. They were coming here for the final battle.

"The Resistance has destroyed two of our three dimension controllers. Why has this happened? You were supposed to protect them with your lives," Hydron said angrily.

"Well, I kind of like my life so..." I start and my voice trailed off.

"Well too bad, my father, the king, is going to call in anytime and once he sees our horrible progress, he's going to unleash his fury on us. And then me because I had to lead you idiots. And if I fall, I'll take you down with me," Hydron said with a deadly tone.

"You got the nerve to threaten us?" I blurt out.

The other Vexos look at me.

"You don't tell me what to do, Hydron," I say with a glare.

Emotion flashed in his eyes as he watched me rebel him. The corners of his mouth turned upwards in anticipation. As if he found a flaw in my words.

"Ah Grace," he said using my real name.

I flinched hearing the sound of my name. Spectra immediately looked alert as he mouthed words to me.

'Do you want me to say something?' He mouthed to me.

I shook my head.

'No, it'll make things worse. I don't want you getting imprisoned.'

'Don't worry about me, I'll be fine,'

"Got something to say, Spectra?" Hydron asked and all eyes were on Spectra.

He just stared at me for a few seconds and then responded.