Chapter 23

Grace's P.O.V

Mira was sulking on the bed and being consoled by Wilda.

"What happened to us Grace?" She asked me and I frowned.

"I don't know Mira. I guess after Hydron and everything, I just closed myself off from you. When I ran into the Vexos, your brother didn't give me a choice to leave without consequences. He was determined."

"That sounds like my brother for you," Mira laughed dryly.

"I guess so, when I was winning every battle, I was so close to gaining my freedom back. But your brother was such a strong brawler compared to myself. He had been studying my every tactic and won. I couldn't go back because I was still mad at you. I had to move on and start anew. And we can see how that turned out."

"I'm so sorry about what happened and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me," Mira apologized.

I cut her off with a grin.

"I forgive you. You would feel the same way if our roles were reversed. We can only forgive and move on into the future."

"Of course. How do you suppose we do that?" She asked me in a quiet tone.

I made a grim face, "We have to beat your brother in battle."

"Us two against him? He'll know something's up," Mira protested.

"We have no other choice. We need to stand up for ourselves while we can. Look, I want you back with the Resistance. You need to be with them to save the bakugan. If it comes to it, I want you to battle your brother. Don't worry about me. I will be able to take care of myself."

Mira shook her head, "Grace, I can't just leave you here. What about Hydron?"

I scoffed, "Don't worry, I think the only person I have to be concerned about is Spectra."

"Why don't you call him Keith?" Mira asked me.

I met her with a hard gaze.

"That is not the Keith I grew up with and battled alongside. He just called me a pawn in his plans and I'm fighting back. We are going to take him down."

Mira sighed at that, "He wants me to rule New Vestroia with him."

"I know," I say.

She fell onto the bed and I drew my eyebrows.

"Mira, are you okay?"

Mira nodded her head, "I'm fine Grace. I just don't know what to do for once."

"Don't worry Mira, everything will sort itself out."

Mira looked at me for reassurance and I did my best to show that on my face.

She looked at Wilda, her guardian bakugan for help.

"Wilda, please tell what I should do."

A part of me felt sorry for Mira. This was where she had to grow up too fast and for that she's always been on guard. How could one fight against their own hero who is your own sibling?

Wilda opened up and spoke to her.

"I am your partner. I trust you. Where you go, I will go."

I smiled at her when she relaxes and I nod my head.

"Titan and I will stand by you too."

"Thank you," she says graciously and then sits up on the bed pulling out her communicator.

She turned her head, "Now, let's do this."

Mira's P.O.V

It felt great to reconcile with Grace. A huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. But now we had a challenge to face. Our freedom. Both of us came willingly to join, well kind of. And now our time has come to leave on our own terms.