Chapter 47

Grace's P.O.V

Keith stood at the door looking at me with concern.

"Where were you? You weren't at dinner," I say curious.

"Don't worry about it, Grace. I had some business to attend to," Keith said brushing me off.

I frowned at his answer and just sat there. He took a seat beside me, "Did you miss me?"

I nodded my head, "Yeah, I thought we were going to eat together. I feel like now you don't trust me or something. What are you trying to hide?"

"Grace, I'm just trying to ensure your safety," Keith reasoned and I shook my head.

"Look Keith, I'm not some nuisance that needs to be taken care of. I am a brawler as good as anyone else here. We trust each other more than anybody else here. Why can't you trust me now?"

My tone took a heartbreaking turn and Keith sighed, "I don't know how you're going to react."

I give him a long look, "Maybe you should tell me and we'll see how I react. I promise to try and keep an open mind."

This caused Keith to smile slightly before taking a deep breath.

"I was on my ship," He admitted.

"Doing what?" I ask trying to pry further.

He gave me a look, "You want to know more?"

I nodded my head.

"For the most part whenever I was alone, I transport to the Vestal Destroyer with Helios and work on triangulating the Motherpalace. We need to take down Zenoheld for everything he's done to us."

I twitched at the reminder of the king's actions against my family.

"Why did you have to hide this from me?" I asked.

"I didn't want to put you in danger. Knowing you were hurt because of me is something I am unable to live with."

I sighed, "We're always at risk for getting hurt wherever we go, but if we stick together, the pain will go away. I'm sure of it."

Keith wraps his arm around me and I allow myself to relax in his arms.

"Are you going back up there?"

Keith nodded his head and was about to move when I didn't let go. He gave me an inquisitive look waiting for me to explain myself.

"Please Keith, just stop working for one night. Stay with me," I offered.

"What do you have planned?"

"How about a movie? The brawlers are picking out some cool films to watch tonight. I was hoping if you'd like to be my date."

Keith smiled, "I would be honoured to be your date tonight Grace Hudson."

I led him to Marucho's theatre room where everyone else was. The girls were on the top row while the guys sat at the bottom. I decided to stick with Keith and sit in the middle row.

"Glad you could make it. We were just about to start," Mira said form above us.

"What movie are we watching?" I asked curiously and she flinched.

"The boys won the coin toss so we're watching a monster movie."

I rolled my eyes, "Just great."

I turned my attention to Keith who had his arm around me, "I suppose you're excited to watch a monster movie."

"I don't mind yes," Keith smirked as I slumped against the seat as the movie started.