Thirty-five

"Alpha, Luna, do you smell that?"

Jungkook mind-links the two of us. Taehyung stops beside us.

"What's wrong? Why'd you guys slow dow-" Taehyung suddenly becomes quiet and snaps his head to look to the right. My ears perk up at the sound of what sounds like a rock being kicked around.

Jungkook suddenly takes off in that direction.

'Jungkook! Wait!'

I shout at him, he immediately freezes but I can see him struggling to wait. I run up beside him with Jimin and pick up a familiar smell.

Wait..

I suddenly run ahead and jump out from behind a bush.

A loud scream is heard.

Rose?

Rose stands there with wide eyes, her arms covering her face in fear. The others catch up to me as Jungkook starts to wag his tail in excitement.

"Rose? What are you doing out here?" Taehyung asks. Rose peeks out from behind her arms curiously and cautiously.

"T-Taehyung? I-I- how'd you find me?"

"Well, I heard you, and these three apparently could smell you. We were out for a run.." Taehyung explains briefly. Rose still seems scared and backs up. I lay down and crawl my way to Rose. She starts to visibly tremble.

"It's okay. That's Seoyeon. This is Jimin and that's Jungkook. They won't hurt you." Taehyung chuckles softly. Rose relaxes and sits down, allowing me to rest my head in her lap.

"Wow.. you're a lot bigger than a normal wolf.. and very pretty.." Rose muses. I nudge her hand to pet my fur. She starts to run her hand down my neck. I turn onto my back and wag my tail as she starts to scratch my stomach. She giggles at my happy reaction.

Suddenly there's a rumbling growl that shakes the ground. Rose jumps up and backs away. I look to see Jimin standing tall, glaring Rose down with his grey eyes.

I growl back, warning him to loosen up.

Rose asks Taehyung what's going on.

"Don't mind him, he's just being a prick. He's more protective over their pups than Seoyeon is and he's not even the pregnant one!" Taehyung scoffs. Jimin makes a strange complaining sound and shuffles over to me.

Jungkook then takes his chance to bounce over to Rose and wag his tail excitedly.

"H-hey Jungkook... Aw you're so cute.." Rose giggles and scratches behind his ears.

I lay back down on my stomach and wag my tail watching Rose and Jungkook interact.

Hopefully they will have a good relationship soon.

I feel Jimin nuzzle under my chin and rub his scent on me.

It's a thing male mates would do to keep other wolves away and to show affection.

He continues to do this until Taehyung clears his throat, earning a glare from Jimin. Taehyung smirks, knowing he annoyed Jimin.

"Anyways, you didn't answer my question before. Why are you out here?"

Rose pouts her lips. "I was headed over to the pack house.. but I got lost.. aha.." She smiles sheepishly, earning a laugh from Taehyung.

"You'll learn to memorize the path. Why were you headed to the pack house? Didn't you want some time to think things over?"