Thirty-eight

No one dared to speak back to Jimin during this week. Nor did anyone try to get near me. Only the vampires were daring enough to stand by me but even they were startled every time Jimin walked into the room.

We all knew how last week went down. Jimin was furious and his wolf still on edge. He's also more stressed than before. He's doing everything to try and find Felix.

I watch Jimin sadly as he walks back up the stairs to his office to work more. The dark circles under his eyes say enough about his exhaustion and not just that but the anger and resentment radiating off of him is driving everyone to keep their distance. He refuses to even let me take care of him.

"He's going to be okay.." Taehyung assures from beside me. I turn to look at him. Even Taehyung has changed. He isn't as much as the jokester he was with Jimin. He knows he has to give Jimin space.

I bite my lip and try my best to stand, grabbing onto the wall, taking pressure off of my healing ankle. The pack members in the room all stand on alert, ready to launch forward if I fall. Hoseok grabs onto my arm, offering himself as support. I smile softly and let him help me up to the stairs.

"How much longer do you think until your ankle is fully healed?" Hoseok asks as we carefully make our way down the hall to the office.

"For a normal human, would be 6 weeks but for me it should be 2 weeks until I'm able to walk on my own with the extra weight of the pups. But Jimin may not let me walk until 3 weeks pass." I chuckle lightly. Hoseok presses his lips into a thin line and nods. We stand at Jimin's door and I knock.

"Not now please." Jimin's voice echos from inside. I sigh and shake my head as I open the door anyways, Hoseok cautiously following me into the room, supporting me so that I don't fall. Jimin looks up tiredly and watches with a blank expression as Hoseok helps me to the couch next to Jimin's desk.

I mutter a small thank you to Hoseok before he scurries out of the room.

Jimin keeps his head down. "Why are you here.. you should be resting.." He sighs. I tilt my head and frown.

"You know why I'm here.. and I'm okay.. Jin says that minimum movement is more than okay."

Jimin keeps quiet.

"Look at me.. please."

He glances to his left, my heart aching at the sight of him. The guilt and fear in his eyes are still visible. Not only that but the nasty bruised scar along the right side of his face. He takes in my figure from head to toe but pauses when his gaze lands upon where our pups rest. He visibly gulps and shifts his gaze to my broken ankle. I notice his jaw clench.

"Jimin.. please don't look at me like that." I voice out as he looks away angrily. "Don't look at me and think of how you didn't protect me even when you did. You made it just in time.." I carefully hoist myself up, catching Jimin's attention as he snaps his head to look at me in alarm. When I nearly stumble, he leaps out of his seat. I smile softly at him and limp my way to him. Tears appear in his eyes as I stand in front of him. His arms snake around my waist to keep me from falling.

I caress his face and wipe his tears.

"Don't cry.." I chuckle. He closes his eyes and leans into my hand. "You're hurting yourself Jimin... as well as the pack. We can all feel how mad you are at yourself.. don't be. Don't hurt yourself like this anymore.. it's over. The pack killed majority of the enemy pack."

"But he is still out there.. he's the threat." Jimin tries to reason but I shake my head firmly.

"Stop it. Yes, he is still alive and I know how badly you want him dead.. I do too.. but acting like this is only weakening the pack." I reason quietly as Jimin lowers himself to rest his head on my stomach. A small smile appears on his lips. "See? They're still there.. because you protected them when I couldn't and they don't want their Appa to be so distressed.. so please, come lay in bed with me and don't ignore me this time." I talk gently as I stroke his hair. He hums in acknowledgement.

"Okay.. for you Jagi. I'll let go of the anger.." Jimin says softly, leaning back to look at me. I smile as he stands up and kisses my forehead. I feel the anger and frustration leave his body. But the fear remains. "Come on.." he guides me down the hall to our room.

He helps me sit on the edge of our bed comfortably as he takes off my slippers and his shirt. Carefully, he wraps an extra blanket around my ankle as he gets in next to me, wrapping his arms around me protectively.

"You did a good job Jimin. You protected the pack.." I praise him and snuggle my face into the crook of his neck, taking in his addictive scent. He chuckles lightly and runs his hand up and down my back comfortably. He yawns but remains alert.

"Rest Jimin.. just relax please and regain your energy. You look horrible." I sigh.

"Wow, an insult from my own mate." Jimin fends offense. "I know you think I'm still hot as hell." I roll my eyes and laugh.

"Of course Jiminie." I chuckle lightly and kiss his neck. "Now sleep."

He whines like a puppy and hugs me closer.

"Jimin.." I say in a firm voice.

"Fineeee. I'll sleep. I promise just.. I want to watch over you for a few more moments. So don't worry about me." Jimin begs and I give up.

"Okay.. but if I find you awake or still exhausted when I wake up, there will be consequences." I try to sound strict but Jimin just laughs and nods.

Satisfied, I let myself drift asleep while Jimin watches over me.

I'm so lucky.