Fifty-one

I jump in surprise when Jimin angrily slams his phone down onto his desk. I flinch to stand and go to his side but he holds his hand up. I sit back down concerned.

Jungkook furrows his eyebrows and watches his alpha sigh in frustration.

"I can't get out of it." Jimin rubs his face and states in annoyance. I click my tongue.

"Jimin, it's important, you should go."

"Not as important as you Seoyeon! And our pups. I can't leave when you are so close. I just can't!" Jimin argues back loudly. I press my lips into a thin line and look down, fiddling with my ring.

Jungkook stares at me with a worried expression before looking back at Jimin.

Jimin glances at me and softens his look as I sniffle.

"A-ah Seoyeon.. I didn't mean to raise my voice.. please I'm just frustrated.. I'm sorry." He hurries over to me and hugs me gently. Gosh I really hate this, I get emotional over a little shout. I frown and hide my face in his chest. He sighs and takes a seat next to me on the couch, allowing me to cuddle into him for comfort.

Jungkook clears his throat. "So alpha.. what do we tell them..?"

Jimin shakes his head and quietly grits his teeth. "I already told them I can't make it but they insist that this is important. I have no choice.." he sighs in defeat. Jungkook chews on his lip.

"Alpha, I think you should go. I know it will last a week but your pups aren't due until a little more than a week. And Jin said that was only the earliest assumed time so there's a big chance that you will be here when they are born." Jungkook reasons.

"He's right.. Jimin, you should go. It's your duty as an alpha." I add in and say honestly. Jimin opens his mouth to protest but closes it reluctantly.

Jimin got a call yesterday summoning him to Japan for a week for an important meeting with the supernatural council. This is regarding the attack from Felix's pack which needs to addressed. It is calling in all alpha wolves, which of course includes Jimin.

"Okay fine.. but if anything happens, I'm flying back right away."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bye Jiminie~" Taehyung calls out to Jimin's car. We all stand at the door and wave to him. He catches my eye and winks. I smile and laugh. He chuckles before slight concern takes over his features.

'I'll be fine. I promise.. It's only a week. And I'll call you not once, but twice a day! The pups will miss you and so will I.'

Jimin nods and smiles, waving back to the others.

"Make sure to sing to them for me~"

I scoff at Jimin's mind-link. Yet again, he's teasing me about the time he caught me singing.

I take a final breath before his car makes a turn and disappears from sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next couple days went by like normal. As promised, I call Jimin twice a day and made sure he wasn't overworking himself. My heart melts every time I see his eye smile on camera.

"Bye~ I'll call you later tonight okay?"

Jimin hums in response as he watches me, his head resting on his hand and a small smile on his lips. I shake my head and laugh.

"I'm hanging up now, you have to get to work."

Jimin pouts and nods before blowing a kiss. "Talk tonight, bye bye Jagiya~"

I sigh happily as I end the call and calm my heart. I'm so lucky.

Feeling hungry, I make my way downstairs to get something to eat.

Why is it so dark..?

I look around curiously as I walk to the kitchen. It's dimmer than usual. I nod my head politely to the pack members when they greet me. Once I reach the kitchen, I meet the 4 vampires and Jin. I'm assuming Jungkook is off somewhere with Rose.

I snort. "Why do I always find you guys hanging in the kitchen when you don't even have to eat solid food?"

Jin smirks at my comment while Yoongi ignores it. Taehyung chuckles and looks up to make a smart remark but his face turns to stone quickly.

I blink in confusion. "What is that look for?"

He doesn't say anything but tilts his head and narrows his eyes.

"Namjoon.." he mumbles, his eyes still trained on me. Namjoon looks at Taehyung before following his gaze. Namjoon acquires the same expression as Tae.

"Guys..? What's wrong?" I ask suddenly a little worried. At this point, Hobi, Yoongi, and Jin all look at me too.

Jin pouts. "Ignore them Seoyeon, they are probably just shocked by your beauty." He smiles nicely. I chuckle and shake my head as I take a seat.

"Seoyeon..?" Hoseok calls out. I look up in curiosity. "Are you wearing contacts?"

I furrow my eyebrows. "What? No.. why? Are my eyes showing?"

Taehyung shakes his head and sighs. "When was the last time you had blood?"

I blink. "The day Jimin left."

He looks at me weirdly and stands up, walking over to me and leaning in to watch my eyes. He's closer than normal as he is focused, turning my face from side to side and observing it. I knit my eyebrows and push him away.

"What the heck are you doing?" I ask slightly irritated. Taehyung just shakes his head and leans forward again to watch my eyes but doesn't touch me. Jin watches closely, just as confused as I am. Yoongi also seems confused. Hoseok looks a little scared?

"That doesn't make sense. Seoyeon did you take enough blood from Jimin?" Namjoon asks and sits up forward. I look at him confused and slightly panicked.

"Of course, we made it a point since he was leaving for a week. Why? Guys, you're scaring me." My voice slightly shakes.

Taehyung tilts his head and leans back. "Seoyeon, your eyes are turning black..."

My mouth hangs open.

"Pardon?"