C.42

"yoonhwa-"

she raised her head upon hearing her best friend's voice. yuju halted as soon as she saw the room filled with the nct gang members. even jaemin, chenle and jeno were there.

"uh.. i'll see you later. i'll call you" yuju's face turned black her voice monotone and she retreated sliding the door close. yoonhwa chuckled before she continued to make some keychains with chenle.

"is it okay that you guys are here? i mean you guys are in a gang"

"of course it is. if anything happens we'll just kill them" yuta said. yoonhwa's eyes widened. "w-what?"

"he's just kidding around don't worry. we don't kill random people just like that" johnny reassured her. a soft sigh left her lips.

"you're already adjusting to the gang life?" mark spoke but his eyes still on his phone's screen. he was laying on the sofa finally got the time to rest. yoonhwa hummed in response. "i don't have any other choice"

"you made us looked bad when you said like that" jungwoo said pouting his lips a bit. yoonhwa laughed. "i guess you guys aren't that bad" she mumbled.

"that doesn't change the fact that we're dangerous" taeyong said.

"but we're not going to hurt yoonhwa!" jaemin clung onto her arm causing her to accidentally dropped the keychain on the floor.

"of course not" johnny said rolling his eyes.

"yah! jaemin you shouldn't hold my arm when i'm doing something" she muttered before bending down to take it. he murmured a sorry before continuing to cling onto her arm.

"where's haechan?" doyoung asked while looking around the room. she noticed that he wasn't there too.

"he won't come today. saying he's sick or something" taeil answered shrugging his shoulders. yoonhwa remained silent hearing to their conversation.

her phone on the table rang. it has yuju's name on it so she decided to went out for a moment. "where are you going?" jaehyun asked alerted when she suddenly got up.

"i'm seeing yuju. don't worry it'll not take too much time" yoonhwa smiling at her brother who looked worried. when she stepped out of the room her eyes wandered around looking for her best friend.

she saw yuju sitting on one of the benches looking all serious while talking to someone that was standing with his back facing her. yoonhwa quickened her pace towards her.

"yu- hwiyoung?" the guy turned around both of his hands stuffed inside his leather jacket's pockets. "what are you doing here?"

"you asked that question yesterday" hwiyoung chuckled. "he was the one who told me that you're here. you actually didn't plan on telling me, right?" yuju said narrowing her eyes.

"i was about to" yoonhwa mumbled.

"i've been wondering. how come you've been.. friends- with the gang nct?" yuju asked looking at her curiously. hwiyoung stared her waiting for her answer.

"i.. that's because.." she trailed off. "i don't think she wanted to talk about it" the guy interrupted.

"aren't you curious, hwiyoung? nct is a well-known gang in neo city. i'm just worried about you, yoonhwa" yuju held her shoulder. the smile on hwiyoung's lips slowly faded. he sighed shaking his head.

"yuju's right, yoonhwa. you can't just hang around these guys" he stated before adding "especially that haechan"

"i can be friends with anyone i want to" she said, frowning. her chest was starting to ache but she ignored it. yuju saw the pain flashed through her eyes.

"yoonhwa you should go back to your room. i'll just see you tomorrow" she said. yoonhwa sighed. "i can't meet you tomorrow" she mumbled.

"and why is that?"

"it's-" yoonhwa fell to her knees letting out a sharp breath. her hand clutched her throbbing chest. hwiyoung was about to touch her until someone pushed him away harshly. his eyes widened when immediately recognised the person.

"what the hell"

"do not touch her with those filthy hands of yours" haechan seethed out before he kneeled in front of her. "yoonhwa.."

"i'm fine" she mumbled trying to stand up. she stumbled forward and haechan quickly caught her body. the pain on her chest slowly subsided. she let out a sigh of relief.

"hae-"

"let's go" he cutted her off, grabbed her hand and started to pull her. "hey!" he abruptly stopped when someone shouted.

"you don't deserve to be with her you fucking gang leader" hwiyoung spat. haechan turned to look at him painfully slowly his eyes darkening.

"and what about you?" he smirked before he started pulling her hand again his grip on her tightening. "hyuck! you're hurting me" she said half-whispered. haechan stopped after making sure that they were far away from anyone.

he loosened the grip on her hand. "didn't i told you before when you want to go somewhere you need to bring someone with you"

"i was just meeting with my friends"

"yuju is an exception. but hwiyoung? i don't think a friend would look at you like that" he muttered and let go of her hand. her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"look like what?"

"as if he wanted to kidnap you" he crossed both of his arms over his chest locking his gaze with hers. "what-"

"i don't trust him, yoonhwa. you should stay away from him"

did you guys heard about the false rumours going on around our boys? i'm just tired with all these shats trying to ruin a group's cb

like what's wrong with these people.

anyways keep on streaming ridin'