C.44

honestly idk what im feeling abt this book anymore

maybe im just too stressed out lately idk. anyways stay safe everyone.

"are you sure we're not going to attack them?" doyoung asked quite weirded out by their leader's behaviour

"are you sure we're not going to attack them?" doyoung asked quite weirded out by their leader's behaviour. haechan twirled the silver dagger between his fingers both of his legs on top of his work table.

"it's clear that those attacks came from them and you're going to let them go? what if they make another move. and what if yoonhwa gets involved?" he stabbed the table causing doyoung to flinch.

"no one will lay a single finger on her! i'm not letting her get involved" he said. his jaw clenched tight.

"there's something that i needed to confirm" haechan muttered his voice turning deeper.

"you're talking about the gang red sun?"

haechan didn't say anything and that was enough for doyoung.

the red sun was a group that was formerly led by haerin's father, jung junho who faked his death and changed his identity. haerin is one of their girl member that was currently staying with the dream unit.

they had loss a member because of the gang. the leader was then killed and they never heard of red sun after their leader's death.

the previous attacks, haechan knew it was them. he believed that they wanted to take down nct, one of the strongest gang in neo city.

but why do they target yoonhwa?

"no.. no she can't be in danger. she's innocent" haechan mumbled while biting his nails.

"if the surgery went well let's send her somewhere else. a place that is much more safer" the younger guy snapped his head at doyoung narrowing his eyes a bit.

doyoung does have a point. but deep down he wanted her to be near him.

"i'm sure they're working under the gang red sun somehow. how come we never heard of these gang before? just like how red sun suddenly appeared" doyoung crossed both of his arms over his chest.

the door then swung open by a shirtless johnny, his hand holding a few papers. he pushed the glasses that he was wearing and stood next to doyoung who just stared him blankly.

"ever heard of a knock?" haechan asked quite tired actually. johnny shrugged and his eyes scanned the papers once again.

"you're damn right they're connected with the gang red sun" the taller guy spoke. "i checked all the surveillance cameras and saw something from that ambush last year" johnny stuffed his left hand inside his jeans pocket and took out what looks like a usb drive.

"you actually checked all the cameras? and what the heck from last year?" doyoung eyed him. "my guts were telling me to check it. and i was bored, okay" johnny rolled his eyes.

"you want me to see?" haechan stared the thing that johnny gave him before looking back up at the guy. "no i want you to just stare at the usb drive" the taller guy answered sarcastically.

haechan rolled his eyes in annoyance. "you should be glad i'm still in my good mood" he mumbled plugging the thing on his laptop.

"if winwin's here he might have found the recording earlier. he's the cyber specialist anyways" said johnny while walking closer to haechan. doyoung went to his other side.

haechan watched as the video of last year's recording started playing. it was when they were ambushed by red sun. they tried to fight but they were knocked out by somekind of a smoke bomb. haechan just stared blankly at the screen feeling rage building inside him.

he saw a girl running inside the headquarter, it was haerin. she looked quite confused until she saw the blood trail and started walking towards an unconscious figure.

haechan immediately paused the recording. "i don't see anything that proves they're related to red sun? and what's the point watching this? i don't want to remember that day" he seethed out his breath came out shaky.

doyoung held his shoulder. "calm down, haechan"

"actually there is" johnny reminded the video and stopped at one scene. it's when the smoke bomb was released. "look closer" haechan did what johnny said and had to squint his eyes.

the camera was quite blurred but he can see a certain familiar figure. "what the fuck-"

▽▽▽

in a dim lit meeting room, there were around eight people there. they were talking non-stop and played around until the metal door were slammed opened. they immediately quiet down.

"how's the status?" the guy who just came in asked and he took a seat at the very fromt of the meeting room. he eyed each of the member and his eyes landed on his right hand man.

"i believed that the units are separated and in different places. but the two units in seoul were still associated with each other" a rather handsome looking guy said. the leader nodded his head.

"what about the one in the other country?" he asked. "there's no new update yet, boss"

"alright. and the girl?" the leader then turned to the other guy in the room. his eyes was soulless.

"alive- still"