Chapter one

I briskly strode the length of the tiled corridor of my college hall, my dark wavy hair bounced on my back. What I craved more than anything was to finish this semester and visit my parents, whom I hasn't seen for almost a year. But before that I have to concentrate on my upcoming exams.

As an almost graduate in business administration, my dream has always been to finish and assist my father in his company. Everything I have ever needed was there, parents that provided all that I needed, friends I could count on and a boyfriend I am so proud of. Everything was perfect or so I thought.

As I got to class, I met up with my friends, Samantha, Angela and Audrey. They have been my friends for a very long time and couldn't go anywhere without each other. This is our last year in the college and we are so happy to be free from all the school drama and stress.

Samantha whom preferred to be called Sam, was the first to notice me approaching and drew the attention of the others.

"Hello, my beautiful ladies" I greeted cheerfully and sat in the empty seat beside Angela.

Sam being the most playful of us all started ranting on some party we will organise after we finish their exam the next day.
"So what do you all say, party at our house after exams tomorrow."

They girls looked at each other and started their own contribution. We shared a four bedroom, one living room, kitchen and two rest rooms. We always have since we started the college together, it was better than staying in the campus dorm.

Starting with Sam, "As it is my idea to organise this party, I will be bringing the drinks, which includes, beers, vodka etc." She flipped her hair while grinning.

We all faced Angela waiting for her to say something and she finally succumbed, "Alright guys, I will get the snacks, write down any type of snacks you all would want."

Being Audrey's turn, she gave us the thinking face, we all started laughing. She looked up and said "being the queen of fashion, I will get the dresses and do your make ups too."

We knew that was her specialties. None of us dared to counter her. And she is really good in that aspect.

I'm always the last to pick, so I'm used to it. "As the last as always, I will arrange for the after party movies and the clean up crew."

Sam continued "that is more like it ladies, now let's read and finish up with this damn school." She is always the drama queen in our crew.

Our personalities are entirely different. Most people wondered how we became friends and still stayed as friends. Samantha is a vixen in nature, blonde hair, blue eyes, nice shape. She likes to party, drink and likes sex a lot. She has gone through most of the guys in the campus no offence, but with all that, we still love her.

Angela on the other hand is the most quiet of us. The total opposite of Sam, with her black hair and brown eyes. She doesn't like parties but the more time we all spent together, she started to adjust a bit. She likes to read, keep to herself, though she can be free only to those close to her, which happened to be us and she hasn't had a real boyfriend like ever.

Audrey, she wasn't an introvert or an extrovert. She can adapt with any situation she finds herself. Whether in parties, staying at home or whatever the case may be. She is as beautiful outside as she is inside, black hair and green eyes that reminds me of emerald stone. She had broken up with her boyfriend Charlie, when she found out he was cheating on her. It was a tough time for all of us. We had to keep tabs on Sam because she wanted to rearrange Charlie's face for breaking our friend's heart. It is all in the past now.

And there is me. I know I'm beautiful having inherited my dad's brown hair and my mum's dark blue eyes. I have a lot to be thankful for. At first I wasn't an out going type, that ended when I met my amazing friends at the beginning of our college year. We clicked like magnets, ever since then, we are more like sisters than friends. I'm not the party type but I try. I have a wonderful boyfriend Liam, we have been dating for a year now. I have already made plans to introduce him to my father once we graduated. In our crew of friends, I am the only one in a relationship and I try as much as possible not to throw it in my friend's faces.

The next day, Sam, Angie, Audrey, Liam and some of our other friends finished our exam. It feels really good to be a graduate now. I called my parents to give them the good news and they were so happy for me and asked when I intended to come back, I wanted to keep my going home a surprise, so I didn't give them a specific day. They told me to let them know whenever I make up my mind, as to prepare a welcome party for me. Knowing my mum she will go all the way.

We spent most of the afternoon preparing for our party. Sam being the organiser, got the decorations ready and we all did our own parts too. This party is going to be one to remember I thought without knowing it definitely will be.

The party was to start by 7:00 pm. By 5 pm, the decorations were done, Angie has out done herself in getting our dresses. She got the dresses according to our personalities. Sam got a sparkling blue dress that reached her mid thigh, it brought out the colour of her eyes, with sliver heels. Audrey a sliver gown with a belly belt, it made her shiney black hair stand out, with black heels. I got a red gown, I hadn't expected to look really good on me but it really did, with nude heels. She got for herself a yellow gown that brought out her striking green eyes with black heels too. All the clothes are very beautiful and matched its owner perfectly. Angie did all of our make ups. We looked totally different in a good way.

A lot of people came for the party. I was enjoying myself until I noticed that I haven't seen my boyfriend. He told me he will be at the party before it started but I haven't gotten a glimpse of him. I looked around but couldn't find him. I tried calling, it rang but he wasn't picking up. I became worry, I hope nothing bad happened to him.

I, Angie, Sam and Audrey were taking shots before I decided to ask them in case one of them had seen him. But before I could say anything Sam voiced my thoughts.

"Susy, where is Liam, I haven't seen him"
"Me too." said Angie.
"Me three." chirped a tipsy Audrey.
We all turned to her, she raised her hands and shrugged.

"I haven't seen him all night and his phone rings and goes straight to voicemail, I'm really worried."
A tipsy Audrey sniggers "maybe he is shagging some whore somewhere"
"Audrey!" Sam and Angie hissed.
"Why would you think that?" I asked.
"Maybe for the fact that, you have been dating him for a year now and still refused to have sex with him." she replied in a raspy voice.

Sam and Angie looked at me pitifully.
"Susy don't listen to her, you know she is drunk and she talks without a filter whenever she is drunk." Sam advised trying to stop me from overthinking.
"Even if she is drunk, we all know she might actually be telling the truth, where is he and why hasn't he called if he couldn't make it." I bluntly replied.

We turned to look at Audrey and she was already fast asleep. It wasn't a surprise. She has zero tolerant for alcohol. I and Sam supported her while Angie gathered her things, we took her to her room. Once we left her on her bed, we undressed her leaving her in her undies, we locked the door in case some drunk guy stumbled upon her half naked. We didn't want to know how that story will end. So we decided to go look for Liam instead of going back to drinking. We split and held our phones, when one finds him, she calls the others.

I went outside but came up with nothing. Angie searched the living room and kitchen but nothing. We proceeded upstair to join Sam, that was when we heard Sam shouting on someone. I and Angie rushed to see what was going on. Looking inside the room we saw a naked Liam and a naked Evangeline a political science graduate on the bed which happened to be my bed. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. All I saw was people's lips moving but I couldn't hear what they were saying. I turned and left the room.