Chapter twenty five

Raymond's POV

Matt drove us to the office, we discussed the new deal we had at hand. Comparing if we would be able to finish up before the wedding. We got to our floor and stepped out of the elevator. My secretary greeted us, saying something about a visitor. We didn't hear her due to our main focus on talking business.

Opening the door, we saw a female figure laying on the couch in the office. The person must have noticed our presence, because she stood up flicking her hair out of her face. Greta's heavily caked up face, stared back at us. What is she doing here.

"What are you doing here." Matt snapped, glaring daggers at her. Even when we had our fling, Matt never liked her.
"I came to see Ray." she said, trying to sound sexy which ended up sounding like nails scratched across a chalkboard.

Matt must have thought the same because he winced at that the sound.
"Greta, I have nothing to discuss with you. Can you please kindly leave this place, we have important business to attend to." I advised in a calm voice.
"But Ray..."
"Ray nothing, leave before I decide to take drastic measures to keep you out." Matt interrupted her.

"Matthew or whatever your name is which I really don't care. Shut your filthy mouth and let the adults talk. If Ray really doesn't want me here or listen to what I have to say then I will leave." she shrieked, making me wince.

Matt approached her to physically put her out but I held his shoulder, holding him back. The action made her to smirk at him. What she didn't know was that I did it for Matt's own good not hers. If I let him onto her, he might strangle her and I still need my best friend by my side.

"Greta, what do you want to talk to me about and be fast about it. I don't have all day." I instructed her, before I changed my mind about hearing her shrieking voice again.
"Why don't we talk in private." she said eyeing Matt who scoffed at her.

He took the seat beside my table, folding his arms to his chest and crossing his leg, waiting.
"Either you say what you have to say now or you can leave. Like I said before I don't have all day." I spoke in a still calm voice.

"Whatever you say. I came to apologize for the way I have been acting towards you and I ask that you forgive me and accept me back. I know you are marrying that girl to help their company which is very generous of you. I propose that even though you will be married to her, let's still see each other. I will be your mistress"

I watched her with an intense scrutiny to find out if she was being serious or joking. When I saw she was serious, I burst out laughing, Matt joined in too.
"Why are you laughing." she yelped.
In between laughter and trying to hold myself from falling, I couldn't form words to answer her.

I stopped laughing after a while, chuckling "You think that, I'm getting married to Susan because of business. By the way, how did you even get to know that. Even if it were true which it's not, it doesn't matter." I stated, "My marriage to Susan is because I'm in love with her."

"My advice to you now is to get the hell out away from me, Susan, my life and my business. I don't even want to raise the issue of the money you stole from me. If I do, you will be locked up in a jail where you won't ever see the light of the day." I sneered at her.

When she saw that I was being serious, she scowled facing down before she looked up at me, anger in her eyes, "Raymond, this is not the first time you have rejected me but I promise you one thing, it's the last time. I wouldn't beg you again." she spat, storming to the door.

But before leaving, she turned to me "If I can't have you, no one else does." she said scornfully and stormed out of the office. I expected her anger but not her threat.
"This is the second time someone is threatening you because of this marriage." Matt mumbled.

"Yeah, I know. I need to make a call. Call Mateo tell him I said we have a situation. Their threats might not be real but I won't take any chances." I directed Matt, picking my phone to call Santiago a mafia leader friend of mine. He has been my friend for a very long time.

Mateo is the bodyguard I hired when I was in Spain. I don't need protection but Susan does and she will not be leaving his sight or mine even after we get married. Santiago picked the call at the first ring.
"Amigo, it has been long I heard from you." his voice boomed in his Spanish accent.
"Santiago, I don't have time for pleasantries. How long will it take you to get to New Jersey." I inquired in a stoic voice.

"Well, let's see in two days. I have a deal to finish by today and tomorrow. So by next tomorrow, I would be there."
"Finish the deal today, I need you here tomorrow." I finalized.
"Why asking when you have already your decision."
"It's a life and death situation and I don't need to beg you now or do I?"

"There is no need for that amigo, I would be there." he finished and ended the call. Santiago helped me push through when I first moved to Spain. Then, his father was the mafia leader before he handed it over to Santiago. He is not as ruthless as his father but he do have his own demons and they weren't very pretty.

Knowing him, he won't be coming alone and it's going to be a surprise to him when he knows that I'm getting married. We bonded the first time we met. I saved him from an accident slash assassination, where he was driving his motorcycle and a car hit him from behind with the intention of killing him.

It was a rival gang or something. When the collision happened, I was standing across the road buying a lollipop for a girl I met. The impact threw him some feet away from his cycle and the car. I ran to him and helped him into a nearby dark alley, where we hid until the men who were after him left.

He was bleeding from a gash on his stomach but refused to be taken to the hospital. I got my car and drove him to the address that he gave me. His father didn't trust me at all, saying that it was a coincidence me being there at the exact time the accident happened and wanted to kill me.

Luckily for me Santiago came to my rescue telling his dad I had nothing to do with the incident. It took a while and a lot of convincing before he trusted me. Though I refused to join them, I supported them in ways I could. Since then we have been friends before I met Matt in the college.

Matt entered the room a pleased look on his face. He told me that Mateo was already on his way. I didn't want to tell him that Santiago was coming but there was no need hiding it because he would be here tomorrow. The both of them rarely got along.

Either Santiago is being an ass to him or Matt is returning the favour but they are my best friends and I love the both. They had to start tolerating each other when they saw that I wasn't going to choose between them.
"I invited Santiago." I blurted out, screening through some files.
"You did what?" he yelled
"I invited Sant.. "

"I heard you the first time but wasn't sure if I heard correctly." he hissed.
"He is my friend and I know the both of you can be friends too."
"Barely." he mumbles, "I hate his guts and he has the tendency to infuriate me any chance he gets."

I chuckled "He annoys you because you let him, he's not that bad. Ignore him and don't push his buttons then you will fine." I advised, continuing checking the files one after the other.
"He is annoying because it is in his blood, so it's not my fault." he defended, sitting on the office recliner.

They are both stubborn when it comes to taking advices of getting along.
"At least try to be civil with him and we won't have any problems."
"Civil my ass." he mutters, I stared at him with one eyebrow raised. He continued grumbling and murmuring. "When is he coming over."

"Tomorrow." I answered not looking at him.
"Why so soon, why not maybe next ten years or never." he grumbles.
I laughed under my breathe. Santiago would definitely say the same about him. But when it comes to defending each other's honor, they fought side by side against any other person.

That was one thing I loved about them, they know their own and they care about their own no matter how much the bicker, quarrel and insult each other. This wedding is going to be superb and incredibly funny. One that I will never forget.