Chapter twenty six

Susan's POV

I parked in front of the house, not bothering to stop at the garage. I entered the house and was greeted by an angry father, a sad mother, worried brother and friends.
"Do you know what you have done?" Dad's voice boomed through the house.
"Dad you are the person that threatened to call off my wedding to Ray if I didn't go apologize to Gideon and his son."

"And you actually think that I meant that in every sense?" he yelled as angry as ever. See what I mean, I don't understand these parents of mine. They say one thing and expect another thing from us. I'm not a mind reader to know what he was thinking.

He sat down exhausted, mum running her hands down his back.
"What did he say when you apologized."
"He said it's alright, we are practically family then he requested I go on a date or two with Scott."
"Uhhhh?" mum mumbled.

"Don't worry about it, I told him I will get back to him after I talk to Ray about it. Which all of us know that Ray wouldn't agree to it." I finished.
"Honey, I was angry last night and didn't know when I blurted that out to you, I'm really sorry. That was why we were all calling for you to abort the mission." dad said remorsefully.

"I understand but I have to ask, what does Gideon have against you."
"He doesn't have anything against me."
"He has to because if he doesn't, he won't be so persistent." I retorted. Mum nudged him, whispering something to him.

He sighed, running his finger through his hair, taking a long, deep breath, he told us all to seat down which we did. He told us the reason behind all this madness. Before James, Raymond's father left for Spain, they were in partnership with Gideon.

Later on Gideon complained saying that James didn't always accept his opinions and dad always supported James. At a point Gideon requested for his own part of the share and it was given to him. He started his own business but still helped dad in some ways.

When James left, the company began to struggle then Gideon came along promising to help dad financially, that in an appointed time, dad will pay back or they seal off the debt with a marriage between the two families. His daughter wasn't old enough when Jayden decided to get married.

Now the baton fell into my hands. Dad could afford to complete the payment before the time was up. So now either he pays double of what he owes or there will be an immediate marriage between I and Scott.

Since their contract was written and synchronized by a lawyer, my marriage to Ray can be overruled.
"Oh my God, this is not happening, this is so not happening." I repeated, clinging to myself. Mum and my friends held me before I could go into a panic attack.

All my life, I have always thought that everything was perfect only to find out now, that I have been living in fantasy. Everything was already set on stones. My brother was staring at dad, a bewildered look on his face. He came to sit beside me, cuddling me to his side.

I couldn't stop the tears from falling from my eyes. Mum whispered if she should call Ray, I nodded in acceptance. I needed him by my side right now. I don't blame dad for what he did. He might have thought that he would be able to pay up before all this drama escalated.

Hugging my brother tightly, Angie ran her hands down my hair, consoling me. I knew Sam and Audrey were there too because I heard their consoling words too. Few minutes later, the door burst open and a furious Ray, strode into the house.

"Where is she?" his voice both soothed and scared me.
He lifted me from my brother's grasps into his. I wrapped my arms around him, clinging to him. When he asked what happened, no body answered him. I heard murmuring but couldn't make out what they were saying.