Chapter seven

"I can't believe this guy, coming into our house and behaving that way." I thought while pacing getting more furious the more I thought about it. Mum called me to join them at the lobby indicating that they were done too. Getting there, I sat very far from Raymond. Dad cleared his throat and started "Susan, we understand that you are angry and wanted to tell us yourself, but you also need to take into consideration, that Raymond is going to be a part of your life sooner rather than later."

"What....do....What do you mean by sooner rather than later." I stuttered starting to feel scared.
Dad continued "Raymond here, insisted to be married in one month time." his voice dripping venomously. I have never heard him speak that way before.
"What? You can't be serious." I yelling looking at him waiting for him to clarify.
"Why not? We can be married and continue to get to know each other. Meanwhile you are done schooling or do you have something else to do other than settling down." he smirked.

This man is full of shit, his cockiness is extreme but he knew nothing about me, yet. Let me show him a glimpse of what he is up against.
"Alright, fine, it doesn't matter if you suggest tomorrow, I'm okay with that." I shrugged nonchalantly. Mum and Dad were surprised while Ray was astonished, well I just rendered the egoist master speechless, thumbs up for me.

He cleared his throat, opened his mouth to say something but no words came out, he closed them again, staring at me, dad was grinning from ear to ear knowing exactly what I just did. I grinned widely too. Mum held my hands diverting my attention from Ray. She smiled weakly "Are you sure? We can wait for sometime, maybe..." I interrupted her by squeezing her hands in mine, giving her an assuring smile, I said "C'mon mum, you heard the big guy, they wedding is next month. You don't have to worry about me, worry about planning the most amazing wedding for your only daughter." She smiled.

I turned to Ray inquiring if that was all he wanted to talk about without getting words out, he nodded. I stood up said a goodnight and sweet dreams to my parents while giving them a peck on their cheeks. I walked to a still dumbfounded Ray, I bent and pecked him on the lips and said "Good night love and please drive safely." I withdraw smirking and left.

Getting to my room, I slumped on the bed feeling really tired, what a day. Taking my laptop, I face timed my friends. Angie was the person that answered and called out to the others. We exchanged pleasantries before Sam, Mrs obvious asked what made me be a zombie look alike, I told them everything that had happened since we last spoke, leaving out the kiss part didn't want to get into that for now. Audrey was speechless with her jaw dropped, Sam was grinning while Angie was laughing her ass off.

"So you are telling us that within five days of being home, you are engaged, not just to anybody but to the most eligible, charming and irresistible bachelor in all of the United State if not the world." Sam inquired. I thought about it and said "Yeah, pretty much that."
"What a lucky bitch." she retorted still grinning. I shook my head, this girl is just too much. I waited for Audrey and Angie to say something but all Audrey asked was, if I was okay with it which I said yes while Angie said she's happy for me if I am really happy too. I reassured them that I am okay and will keep them posted to any new development. We said our love you and goodnight before the screen went black.

Feeling tired to do any other thing than take a shower and sprawl on my bed. My thoughts went back to Ray, that man has absolutely no conscience at all, treating my dad the way he did, imposing things on me. If he wants to play, I'm game, may the best player win. I closed my eyes within few minutes, I feel asleep. I woke up with my curtains being drawn and sunshine streaming in brightly, I had to cover my face with the duvet which was snatched from my grasp too. "Who the hell is that" I thought.

Getting up, my sleepy eyes met my brother's vibrant green ones.
"Oh God, Jayden, can I please have my beauty sleep?" I whined turning to face down.
"Why didn't you tell me you are getting married, not just married but to Raymond." he questioned in an irritated voice. I sat up hugging one of the pillows to me.
"I didn't know that........ didn't dad tell you, he was supposed to tell you." I murmured looking at my locked hands.
"You were meant to tell me, not for me to find out on the television, that my baby sister is getting married to the world's known asshole." he yelled.

He has never yelled at me before, even when we were growing up, he never did. "I understand why you have to marry him, but not telling me beforehand, it hurts Susy, we never kept secrets from each other, why now." he asked definitely pissed. I couldn't form words, he continued "Mum actually thought I knew, she thought you told me." he laughed sarcastically, running his hands through his hair looking frustrated. I walked up to him and hugged him from behind "I'm so sorry, Jay Jay, I didn't mean to hurt you. I would have told you today, a lot of things happened yesterday and I didn't know he was going to propose to me this soon. I would have told you. Please forgive me." I begged clinging to him.

He turned and hugged me back pulling my head to his chest. Apologizing for snapping at me. I accepted his apology because I knew I would have done the same if the tables were turned. He forgave me too and made me promise not to keep this type or any type of secrets from him which I promised. I told him what happened between I, dad and Ray. Also the discussion I heard between dad and Ray in his office. He promised to protect me and made me promise again to always be careful.

I love my brother but his protective side is really scary. He left for me to brush my teeth, take my bath and change before meeting the family for breakfast. Going down to the dinning, everybody was already seated waiting for me, my brother said, "It's about time, what took you so long, scrubbing to get your skin colour changed?" he asked jokingly chuckling, I stuck my tongue out on him while his wife swapped his arm with a cloth. He gave his wife an adorable pout, "Awwww" I thought, they have been married for almost two years but still so much in love. I wonder if I will ever experience this with Raymond.

Breakfast was awesome until my phone rang, looking at the screen I saw 'Darling H', who the hell is that. Excusing myself from there, I answered the call, waiting for the caller to talk but he or she didn't. I ended the call heading back to the dinning room, it rang again. I answered this time saying "Who is this?" The person started laughing, hearing the alluring baritone voice, made me know the caller.
"What the hell?" I yelled at him, "You literally, obstructed my breakfast for what?" I demanded.
"Sweetheart, don't be like that, I wanted to know how my fiancee is doing. Am I not allowed to check up on you?" he teased, starting to get on my nerves.

"Start talking or I will end this call." I snapped.
"Don't be like that, dearie. I called to ask for a favour."
"I'm not in the mood to grant favors, especially to you." I clarified. He sighed "Okay, I will make you a deal." he suggested. That statement got my attention, "Alright, I'm listening."
"Follow me to a charity event and I promise to do anything except calling off the wedding or anything related to our marriage."

This man is a real asshole. "Sure, I will go."
"Are you being serious, no arguing on the matter?" he asked sounding surprised.
"Yeah, I'm being serious, how can I reject such an enticing offer." I teased. He chuckled, saying good bye, see you soon and ended the call. This is going to be real fun, I have a number of things I would like to ask him to do. He didn't tell me the day or time for the event. Anyway a promise is a promise. I walked back to the dinning room with no intention of eating the now cold meal. The table was already cleared, going to the living room, I heard laughter, heart warming laughter from dad and another voice I didn't recognized.