Chapter thirty one

Raymond's POV

We reached where we parked our cars, Santiago insisted being in the same car as Angie. I suggested that he should drive one of the cars with Angie at the passenger side, I and Susan at the back. Then Mateo can drive the other car with Sam and Audrey. Santiago agreed, tugging a nervous Angie towards my car.

I would have to talk to him later about Angie, she's my fiancee's best friend and I didn't need to be on Susan's bad side because of my obnoxious and stupid friend.
"Why do you think they called us." Susan asks, snuggling up to my side.
"I have no idea." I mumbled back, feeling her tensed body on mine.

"You need to calm down, love. It won't be something that bad."
"I hope so."
She sighs and starts humming a song that I didn't know. Santiago was shamelessly flirting with Angie. Susy must be really out of it, because she didn't seem to notice what was happening.

Running my hands up and down her back to calm her nerves, she leaned into me the more. It wasn't long, Santiago drove onto the drive way leading to Susy's house. We all rushed into the house, everybody was present and seated nervously.

Immediately our presence was acknowledged, Stella advanced towards us and pulled Susan from my arms and into hers. They all looked gloomy. What is happening here. Dario stood up, stretched his hand and gave me an envelope.

Opening the envelope, I took out the letter inside and read it out loud.
'You all might think that I'm a fool and don't know what I'm doing. There is no such thing as happily ever after. Even if there was, it isn't for the both of you. I will torment you, until you beg for a quick death. Susan dear I wonder what you will look like in a bloody white wedding gown and Ray, I have no words to describe how handsome you will look when she dies in your arms. The thought of all that is really intriguing. I hope to see you all soon, much love. Secret Admirer/hater.

"What is this." I waved the letter, Susan took it from my hand, glancing through it.
"We don't know, I and my husband came home from work and saw the letter under the door. We are not sure who might have written that but with everything that has been going on, it terrifies me." Stella stated fearfully.

Dario wrapped his arms around her, comforting her. Snatching the letter from Susan's hands, I tore it into pieces. I must have looked murderous because Susan whimpered, taking a step back. I took a step towards her, pulling her tensed body into a hug.

"Sorry love, I didn't mean to scare you. But I need to take care of this okay. I will be right back." I whispered to her, she nod her head on my chest, indicating that she heard me.
Pulling back a bit, I lowered my head to hers, giving her a soft kiss.

"Please come back to me." She pleaded, her voice clenching with unshed tears.
"I will, always. I love you and take good care of yourself."
"I love you too." A single string of tears rolls down her cheeks, I wiped it aways with my thumb.

I gently withdrew myself from her grip, I turned to her parents.
"I will take care of this." Pointing to the shredded paper on the floor, "Please take good care of her. I will be back as soon as possible and one more thing, don't inform the police because we don't know the people involved before we give away that we are on their trails"

They nod their heads in agreement, I turned and stormed out. Santiago and Mateo hot on my trail. I heard Susan burst into tears, but I couldn't stay with her. Right now, I need to get who so ever that threatened my love, her family, friends and I.
"Where are we going boss." Mateo asked.

My whole demeanor has changed from the calm, gentle Raymond to the fierce and ruthless Raymond the media knew me as. That person's earnest prayer should be that I have calmed down before getting to them. Visualizing Susan's beautiful face covered in tears because of a particular person exasperated me the more.

"To my house. Santiago, call the boys. We have an urgent meeting and hunting to do." My voice thick and gruffed.
Santiago knows me better than anybody and the mood I was in right now, is what he calls the bloodshed mood.

He didn't question my reason, he took out his phone and dialed a number. Few moments later, a spat out commanding words to whom so ever that he called. I dialed Matt's number. He answered at the third ring.
"Hello, you really have a bad timing and know how to spoil a good mood." He grumbled immediately he answered the call.

"I need you now."
"Uhhhhh, for?"
"T-ride junction, the traffic has escalated and the traffic light is no longer functional. So I need you to help organise for a counter measure to reach my destination."
"Oh, okay, I'm on my way." He ended the call.

That was the code I, Matt and Santiago came up with while we were in college. It means the trouble we were facing has increased, I need your help to solve it. And it's a way to let the others know that we needed them urgently which saves us the strength of explaining on the phone.

"Still using the code I see." Santiago teased.
"Yeah, I had to. I'm potentially being a cock blocker right now and I needed to let him know that the situation at hand is very serious." I shrugged, smirking at his horror filled face.
"Dude, that's probably the most wicked thing you have ever done." He snickers, shaking his head in disappointment.

No matter how agitated I am, Santiago always find a way to soothe my temper. According to him, the whole I'm about to kill someone vibe is his jam not mine. But in this case I think I will borrow his style.
"Was any of your boys stationed to monitor Susan's house?"
"Yes, amigo. Cesar will meet us in your house. I have already sent your address to them."

"Thanks man, I owe you one."
"Nah, you don't owe me anything. You're my brother and I will do anything for you. Now let's go catch a motherfucking stalker." He said grinning devilishly.
I laughed at that, leave it to Santiago to make catching, torturing or killing someone sound like fun.

There are six boys already standing in front of my porch as we drove in. We approached them, they look very serious and mean for business. Hmmm nice. I opened the door and we all walked in. I looked around the sitting room not seeing anything unusual, then I turned to the boys waiting to be introduced or vice versa.

"Boys, I would like you to meet my brother from another mother, my amigo, Raymond. Amigo these are my most trusted men. Leonardo, Cesar, Miguel, Antonio, Eduardo and Lorenzo." He introduced them, breaking the silence.

I shook hands with them one after the other.
"Cesar" I notify shaking his hand last, "What do you have for us."
Getting down to business, he sat down, unpacked his bag, he showed us videos he had recorded in the last 24 hours. Us leaving the house yesterday night, Dario and Stella leaving the house this morning, Susan and the girls leaving too.

Few moments later a post guy walked towards the door and slipped the envelope under the door.
"Stop there, zoom in." I directed. As he zoomed in the face was a little blurry. We couldn't make out the facial features of the guy.
"Can you make it clearer."
"Yeah, sure." He replies, typing furiously on the keypads of the laptop.

Matt stormed into the house breathlessly, "What happened, what is so urgent that I had to leave......" He trailed off when he saw we had an audience. His expression changed from being pissed to confused then to concerned.
"Ray, why do you have so many people over." He whispers, leaning into me.

I explained everything to him. He became furious, throwing abusive words to the stranger.
"I've got it." Cesar yelled out. We scrambled to him to see the person.
"I don't recognize him." I whisper, glaring at the guy.
"Me too." Matt replies. Since both of us are they only people in the group that know most people in the city.

"Find out who this man is, run a facial recognition or something." I yelled out and started pacing, tugging my hair in frustration. I have only two days and a half to find whosoever it is that is tormenting our lives. I want Susan to be with me not being afraid. Knowing Susan, she might cancel the wedding if it means protecting the people she loves.

A hand placed on my shoulder, stopped my pacing. I turned, facing Matt and Santiago.
"You need to calm down, amigo. It's not good for Susan if you are so worked up." Santiago advised, dragging me to sit down.
"I don't usually agree with this guy but I agree with him on this. Please, man, calm down, we will figure this out together." Matt concurs with what Santiago had said.

This is a first, I thought. They both of them agreeing on one thing, a miracle just happened. Sitting down, I ran my hands over my face, taking a deep breathe to calm my raging emotions.