Chapter forty two

Susan's POV

Ray took my hand into his, kissed the back and whispers, "I love you."
"I love you too." I whisper back.
Holding my hand, he led us to the other side of the house where the reception is taking place. A squealing Sam pulled me into a hug.
"I'm so happy for you dear." She smiles.
"Thanks." I smiled, hugging her back.

She took us into the tent where we would stay until we are ushered into the reception. I sat on the chair, taking a deep breath.
"I can get you a change of cloth if you want." She suggests. I glanced at my wedding dress, it's beautiful but not entirely comfortable to stay in for long.

"Yeah, thanks." I voiced.
She left. All through the conversation with Sam, Ray leaned on the seat, holding my hand not contributing. Audrey, Angie, Matt and Santiago strode in.
"Look at the newly married couples." Santiago guffs teasingly. Matt scoffs, shaking his head. Ray rolls his eyes, smiling at his friends. I and the girls giggle.

Sam enters, holding what I guessed is my change of cloth

"Off you go guys." Sam pursues the guys out.
"Ray, c'mon man, let the girls do their thing." Santiago urges Ray. I and the girls stifle a laugh, staring at Ray's bewildered face.
"He is married, to her." Angie said slowly, pointing at me, as if explaining a logistic symbol to a child.

"Ohhhhh, that's right. He's going to see her naked sooner than later." Santiago deadpans. I blush furiously. Matt slaps the back of his head. Ray shakes his head at his friend's stupidity, "Let's go, we will be outside. Give a signal once you're done." He pecks my cheek.
"Sure." Sam smirks at them. I bowed my head in embarrassment, my cheeks still flaming red.

"There is nothing to be shy about." Audrey said, helping me out of my wedding dress.
"True, because he will be rocking your world this night." Sam mutters." I blushed again while my friends laugh. They helped me change into a simple white lacy gown.

"It's beautiful." I gushed out, smoothening the cloth.
"We chose it for you." Angie smiles, holding my hand. I pulled them into a warm hug, "I love you, girls." I mumbled.
"We love you too." They reply in unison.
"Let's get you back to your husband before he bursts down this place." Audrey grins.

Sam went out and told them that we were done. We stayed together for few minutes, our friends left going to the reception ground.
"You're nervous." Ray stated, rubbing my palm affectionately.
"No, not really. I'm wondering how our life would be from today."

"It will be perfect." He kissed my palm, lifting my head, capturing my lips in a soft kiss. It hasn't been less than an hour that I kissed him, but I missed feeling his lips on mine. I tugged on his hair, pulling him closer to me.
"Guys, it's time to make an entrance" Sam bursts into the tent, interrupting our lip lock session.

"Are you being serious? I left her with you for just 2 minutes and you're already violating her." She playfully scolds Ray.
"She's my wife. You know that right?" He answers sarcastically.
She huffs, "Whatever. Let's go before you decide to get her naked."