Chapter thirty nine

Raymond's POV

I walked out of the dark corner, Evangeline stared at me bewildered, dumbstruck. She gawked between I, Matt and Santiago.
"Close your mouth honey, you're starting to drool." Matt teased her smirking.

"You two know each other?" She asks surprised. I stood there staring at her emotionlessly.
"Ray, you need to help me. That guy over there kidnapped me for no reason at all, please help me." She begged feigning innocent, tugging on her tied hands.

"Ray, please you need to help me. I don't know what I....."
"Shut the fuck up." I couldn't bear hearing her shrieking voice.
"Dude you do know how to attract them. You are like shrieking barbie dolls magnet. First Greta, now this." Matt teased, patting my back.

I stood there glaring daggers at her.
"Ray? You are okay?" Santiago grabs my biceps.
"I'm fine." I croaked out. If eyes were gun, she would be six feet under by now.
I breathed in deeply, easing my clenched up muscles.

I trudged towards her and crouched down before her. Giving her a hard stare, "Do you know why you are here." I asked, oblivious of her squirming to get free. Not being able to form words, she shook her head.
"I will ask you one more time and I need a more appropriate answer."

"Do you know why you are here."
"No, Ray, I swear, I don't know." Tears gathered in her eyes. She really didn't know but I had no intention of making it easy for her.
I stood up, nodding my head before I continued. "So, you mean to tell me that you were kidnapped and brought here, though you didn't commit any crime."

She eagerly nod her head. Glancing at Santiago, Matt and the other guys behind us.
"No need to waste both of our times. It has gotten to my notice that you threatened Susan and I don't take too kindly to threats."
Her eyes contrast as she heard me mention Susan's name.

Everything about her changed automatically.
"You are a part of this? Is this a joke or what." She eyes us sternly.
"It's not. You caused pain to the woman I love and that doesn't sit well with me. I would have opted handing you over to the police but where is the fun there, when I can take care of you myself"

She scoffs, "You don't have any prove that I threatened your beloved Susan." She sneers, smirking at me. I stared at her before looking at the guys, they burst out laughing while I chuckled.

"We've already got what we needed to know. Your parents or Scott aren't involved in your plotting scheme." Matt beams.
"And like you said, I kidnapped you and I can make you disappear without a trace. Nobody will find your body." Santiago threatens.

Fear flashed through her eyes, tears rolls down her cheeks. Now we are getting somewhere.
"You threatened Susan because you hate her and want her to suffer." I commented. She nod in agreement.
"You're not a lizard barbie, we need words and sounds." Santiago growls at her.

She whimpers, petrified. I too would be if I were in her shoes. Santiago can be scary sometimes.
"Were you going to actually kill her yourself, send someone to do your dirty work or plan something epic." I asked again.

"No no, I was just trying to scare her nothing more."
"Why do I find it hard to believe you."
"It's to truth, I swear." Her voice rumbling in tears.

This time she starting crying, shivering in agony.
"Please don't hurt me."
"Why is that." Santiago snaps, infuriated. I'm not the only angry fellow here, that's comforting.

"I didn't mean to do that. I was so angry and jealous. Why does she get to be happy, get to be with you, Ray and I'm stuck here not been noticed by anybody. It really sucks."
"What! You need serious help. Are you psychotic or what. You're messed up in the brain." Matt slurs out.