Chapter ten

Susan's POV

After explaining my situation to Ray, he instantly became the possessive fiance I wanted him to be. With his arms wrapped around my waist, we parade the living room until we found Scott having a hushed conversation with his mother, judging from his pissed off face, I and Ray have something to do with it. We advanced towards them, when his mother saw us she smiled and nudged Scott a bit to let him know they have company.

"Sorry, we didn't get the opportunity to say happy birthday Scott and it is very nice of you inviting us." I commented while holding Ray's arm. He hummed without saying a word but his mother intervened, inviting us to sit with them out the back to have a little chat. We all sat down and started our not so little chitchat or interrogation, if you ask me.

"Susan," started Mrs Gideon whose name is Jenna, "Your mother didn't mention you being engaged." she said too sweetly.
"I think she had no reason to mention that, meanwhile we haven't fixed the wedding date but we are thinking of next month," I explained eagerly.
"How long have you two been dating for it to have reached this stage." she asked desperately trying to see if we will tell her we are joking.

We smiled at each other and said "Three months." Having practiced what will tell people if the became persistent about our love life. "Okay."
"So how did you two meet, I mean if I recoiled outrightly, Susan was still in school at the time you said you started dating while you were still in Spain." questioned Scott, glaring daggers into Ray's forehead. "Someone has been doing their homework" I thought.

Ray being unfazed with his question answered "If you must know, I am a businessman and I travel a lot for businesses, in one of them, I happened to stumble to the path of this gorgeous lady, everything sparked and here we are." he stated, immediately added "Would you also like to know where we went on our dates, how we spent our nights together or how I asked her to marry me and she said yes." sarcasm all over his voice, grinning widely.

Ray is something else. Jenna's surprised look and Scott's pissed look showed they didn't expect Ray to be so defensive. I couldn't stop the smile that stretched on my lips. The glaring session between Ray and Scott was short lived when Gideon came to sit beside his wife. He greeted us, saying he didn't know we had already come. His wife introduced Ray as my fiance, he wasn't fazed because he already knew, though he didn't dwell on the matter too.

It wasn't long before the wine I had taken started buzzing inside me. Ray must have noticed because he took out his phone and called someone to pick us up. Whatever happened next was too blurry to be recognised, except feeling my head on Ray's chiseled chest as he held me bridal style. "He is so built and muscular" I thought while running my hand up and down his chest.

"Honey, you need to stop doing that before you start something we won't be able to finish." he whispered in a hoarse voice. I giggled, snuggled closer to him, breathing in his intoxicating and sweet cologne.
"And who said I won't want something to start." replying in my drunken self. I know we are moving but was it towards or away from the car. It doesn't matter as long as I stay firm in his arms, I'm so content.

I felt him adjust me in his arms, I opened my eyes to an unfamiliar surrounding but I was too drunk to comprehend where I was, so I didn't care. I felt my back touch a very soft surface, making myself comfortable, I slept off.

Waking up snuggled on a warm hard surface wasn't the way I thought I will ever wake up today. Cuddling the warm surface, a raspy baritone voice asked"Can I please have my body back?" I shrieked jumping up, almost falling from the bed, firm arms breaking my fall. "What are you doing on my bed." I squeaked.

"I am not on your bed. If you had taken a minute to look at your surrounding before making assumptions." he huffed, standing up and entering another room. Looking around the spacious and well decorated all white room, this is definitely not my room and what am I wearing, staring at the black large top.

The door opened, a shirtless Ray came out running his hand in his hair making the bed hair look sexier. "I'm sorry for yelling at you, where are we, my head hurts really bad. Do you have an aspirin." I said trying to stand up, he put up his hand stopping my movement with a scowl on his face.

"You drank a lot last night, there is a glass of water and aspirin on the bed side table. Rest a bit while I make breakfast." he didn't wait for me to say anything, turned and left the room. After taking the drug, feeling light tug on my forehead, I walked to the bathroom, I used the spare toothbrush in the cabinet, sprinkled water on my face, pulled my hair in a pony tail and walked downstairs.

Seeing Ray standing shirtless in front of the cooker stirring the pasta is such a turn on. His sweatpants hung low on his waist. Can this man look any sexier. "You know, I can feel your eyes ogling." turning with a smug look on his face. His eyes darkened a bit while staring at my attire. The top stopped mid thigh showing off my legs.

Turning off the cooker, he approached me "This looks better on you than it does on me, I bet it will look more appealing on the floor." he purred looking me up and down. Thinking of it, how did I get out of my clothes, did he change me to this?. Before I could voice my thoughts, he drew me in and kissed me.

The kiss was slow, passionate, hot and demanding. I waited a bit before kissing him back with the same intensity. He twirled his tongue on my lips, I declined him access, he tried again but I still denied him access. He squeezed my ass, I gasped allowing him entrance, he delved into my mouth and explored. The kiss is knee shattering, I'm grateful that his arms held me up by my waist.

He withdrew from the fiery kiss, leaving me breathless. This is not the first time he has kissed me but the first kiss is nothing compared to this. My face flushed, his eyes are darker than usual, his lips twitched a bit before he turned and walked back to the cooker. Did that just happen. I stood there waiting for my heavy breathing to get steady a pace. Before sitting on the chair beside the counter watching him continue his cooking.

He dishes a tantalizing looking pasta and chicken sauce. Sitting beside me, he started eating not mentioning the kiss. I took a bite, the amazing taste whirled around my tongue, a throaty moan slipped out with permission. "Susan, maybe you don't want to eat this meal because right now, you are asking for dessert before the main course." he stated, arousal written all over his voice and posture.

"I'm sorry." I murmured looking at my plate. "Wow, did I have such an intense effect on him?" I thought. Continuing with our meal, his phone started ringing. He dropped his fork, took the phone and answered. My interest was more on the delicious food than on his phone discussion. He ended the call and said "That was your father. He wants to know if you will be coming home today."

I haven't thought of my parents. "Don't worry, I called them last night, telling them you weren't feeling too well and I would like to bring you home with me. They understand that I won't do anything to put you in harms way." he explained having seeing worried look, before returning to his meal.

I mumbled a thank you to him. We finished and did the dishes together. He turned going upstair, I asked the question that was bothering me "Ray, did you change my clothes for me?"
"Yes, I promise, I didn't look and it was dark." he stated and turned to leave again.
"Why did you kiss me?" I asked facing down. He didn't say anything until I felt fingers raise my jaw, drawing my eyes to his. He sucked in a breath "You look so beautiful and you deserve to be kissed, every second, every minute, every hour, everyday and everywhere if possible for the rest of your life and as your fiance, it is my duty and obligation to make that happen. he said making my inside flutter and my spine shiver as he traced his finger on my lips.