Chapter fifteen

Susan's POV

He wasn't kidding when he said my friends were watching. Turning back, I saw them with smug faces looking through the living room window. Shaking my head in amusement I walked back into the house. They scrambled, hiding under the dinning table.

I chuckled pretending not seeing them, sitting on the table, "Who am I going to make my maid of honour, maybe Sam or Angie or Audrey, mmmmm, I might as well not have one." I rambled out loud knowing full well that they could hear me.

As expected they crawled out yelping at a time. "I'm the one." Sam emphasized.
"I met her first." Audrey retorted, standing akimbo playfully glaring at Sam. I and Angie glanced at each other giggling at their bickering.

Angie coming to save the day as usual "Ladies, stop wrangling, you might wake the neighbors. If you two would take a break, you will notice Susy knows what she is doing." she shook her head not waiting for them to acknowledge that I tricked them, going upstairs.

Sam and Audrey turned their eyes narrowed in a glare, I burst out laughing. "You deliberately did that to divert the attention from you." Sam pointed out.
"Yup, it's called diplomatic diversion." I answered, flicked my hair, turned and skipped upstair.

The look on their faces was so funny and entertaining. It wasn't long before the burst into the room laughing at themselves falling into my trap.
"You will at some point make a decision because the wedding is now next week and we are going dress shopping tomorrow." Audrey advised, laying on the bed staring at the ceiling.

After some minutes of silence, she continued "Susy, we know initially you didn't want this union, what changed your mind." she inquires, attracting the attention of the others.
"At first, I thought he is a pushy, overbearing, annoying, self-centered jerk the media painted him to be but I got to know him, this past few days has shown me a glimpse of who he really is."

"I'm not saying he isn't a douchebag sometimes, but he can also be understanding, honestly he has actually proved me, us wrong and I think I'm falling for him." I confessed a hint of smile on my lips. Turning to my friends, they were grinning widely.

They didn't push the matter which I was grateful. Picking up my phone, I thought of calling Ray to know if he had reached home safely, abolishing the thought, sliding down the phone, it vibrated with a message notification. 'I'm home safe and sound. Didn't want to call not knowing if you had slept, I will try calling tomorrow. Goodnight and sweet dreams.'

The simple text brought thousands of butterflies fluttering in my stomach. 'Though I'm still awake, I would be sleeping soon, I'm glad you got home safely. Goodnight and sweet dreams too.' He didn't text again, I kept my phone, closing my eyes and sleeping with a huge smile on my face.

The next morning, mum woke us telling us to get ready for the wedding dresses shopping. We freshened up, dressed up, ate our breakfast and jumped into the car, Audrey being the driver. Before we left mum promised to join us if she finishes on time organising for decorations.

I and Ray had agreed to host the wedding at the spacious back of my house. The colour of the day being blue my favorite, gold and white. Mum being a fashion designer volunteered to customize my wedding gown but I objected. I wanted her to focus more in organising the wedding. I and my talented friends will be just fine getting a suitable gown.

Audrey drove us to one of the most exquisite bridal boutique in New Jersey. She browsed it I think and it lives up to its name. They have elegant wedding gowns. Starring from straight ones to mermaid styles to lacy bodice types and so much more.

A petite woman met us, welcomed us and introduced herself as Juliet. Asking if we needed assistance to make a choice, Audrey knowing the type of gown I would prefer told the lady. She took us to another section, beautiful gowns are in display, the lady left us to get the one that matched Audrey's description.