Chapter twenty three

Susan's POV

I entered the living room aka the war room, snickering at my thought, mum and dad stared at me in confusion. Jayden wasn't present meaning he has gone back to his family. Not explaining my unusual behavior, I sat adjacent of dad waiting for him to begin his interrogation and lecturing but he didn't start immediately.

After a while, he sighed, leaning back on the couch, "Honey, I don't know what came over you this evening, that was an irrational behavior. I didn't bring you up to be rude or obnoxious." he started in a soft deep voice, "Gideon can be intolerant and annoying but didn't mean you had to put him off the way you did."

Mum and I stared at him with our jaws dropped in shock. Is he siding with that pig and his piglet?.
"But dad, I didn't..." raising his hand motioning for me to keep shut.
"I know you didn't. Now I want you to pick up that phone, call him and apologize or better still go to his office tomorrow." he instructed, not looking at me.

"What?" I and mum yelled.
"Dad, you can't be serious."
"I am damn serious or you can call Raymond and tell him that the wedding is off, because you accepted to marry Scott." he yelled.
I have never heard dad cuss before and he seemed to be getting very angry which amplified my anger too.

I sat there staring at my mum confronting him but I couldn't hear what she was saying because of the tears blurring my vision and my ears are buzzing. The angry tears ran down my face, clenching my fists, I stormed out of the room. Mum hot on my trail, I got to my room opened and closed the door, locking it.

Sliding down the door hot tears spilled from my eyes. Hugging my knees to my chest, I began to sob. My friends rushed to me asking what happened, all I could do was shake my head. They sat beside me consoling and whispering that all will be well. I didn't believe that for a second.

They helped me to the bed, folding myself in the fetus style, I cried myself to sleep. The next morning I felt tired and drained from all the crying. I went to the bathroom to freshen up, staring at the mirror, my puffy red eyes stared back at me. This picture replenishes my mind and heart of my break up moments.

Why would dad do this to me, did Gideon have something against him that he is not telling us?, a lot of thoughts came to my mind. Taking a shower and brushing my teeth, I pulled my hair into a pony tail. My friends must have gone down to help set for breakfast. They are giving me space, knowing that I will talk to them when I was ready.

I applied a light make up to cover up my swollen eyes, dressed in a top, skirt and a two inch heels, blew dried my hair to its waves. Descending the stairs, my friends and mum are setting the table for breakfast. Dad was no where in sight. I made a cup of coffee, added cream and two cubes of sugar, sipping without a care in the world.

"Susy, won't you join us for breakfast." Angie asked, they others looked waiting for my reply.
"Nah, I'm good."
"Honey, are you okay?" Mum asked in a sad and concerned tone.
"I'm fabulous mum," finishing my coffee, I dropped the cup into the dishwasher.

Smiling at them, I walked out of the kitchen. Getting to the door, I paused, turned and said "Oh, mum, before I forget, please tell dad that I have gone to deliver his demanded apology." Smiling at their horrified expressions, I turned and left.

It has been long since I drove myself anywhere. Putting the address to my Gps, I began my journey to Jefferson's Enterprise. Gideon and Scott's coed company. My phone began to ring, looking at the caller it's dad. I'm not in a decent mood to talk to him, he wanted me to apologize to Gideon and his son and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

My phone continued ringing, calls from dad, mum, my friends even Jayden. Observing that I wasn't going to pick their calls, they resolved to sending texts. I was on a mission, so no talking to them for now. Adding more speed, I got to their company in a matter of 7 minutes what usually took 10 to 15 minutes maxi.

Parking the car at the parking lot, I walked into the building, straight to the elevator. I heard the receptionist calling out to me but I ignored her, striding into the elevator. Knowing what an arrogant and pompous man Gideon is, I would guess his office without being giving directions.

Stepping out of the elevator when it reached the last floor, I walked straight through the hall to another hall. The lady seated there smiled warmly, welcoming me. I inquired for her boss's office, she asked if I have an appointment with him. I told her that I came for a special family business.

She smiled once again, requesting for my name. I wanted to answer her wittily but recline, she was only doing her job, so I told her. Picking up the telephone, she made a call to either Gideon or Scott. She asked me to wait a minute that Mr Jefferson would be with me in a minute.

How could such a nice lady end up in such a horrible man's grasps. I sat down waiting, it wasn't up to a minute, an excited Scott walked up to me grinning sheepishly.
"Susan darling it's so nice of you to stop by, come on, come on let's go to my office." he greeted enthusiastically, motioning to the direction of his office.

We walked down the hall, once we were out of the nice lady's sight, I stopped. He noticed my hesitation, giving me a questioning gaze.
"I need to speak to your father, as a matter of fact, both of you." I said in an emotionless voice. Seeing that I wasn't kidding around, he nod his head.

Changing directions down another hall. He knocked on a door as we reached the end of the hall. A voice ushered us in, we stepped inside. Gideon didn't look up jotting down something, expecting the intruder to identify themselves first.
"Father, we have a visitor."
"Let them sit down, I'm organizing something very important."

"Good morning, Mr Jefferson." I greeted dragging his attention from whatever that was so important.
"Oh, my, Susan, I didn't realize you're the visitor. Please come sit down." pointing at the seat before him.
"What a surprise, what do we owe such a noble visit from you."

"What of your family, your father, mother, brother and everyone." he blathered not giving me a chance to explain myself or answer any of his questions.
"Did your father send you? or you came on your own free will. Is it about Scott or something else. Did you rethink about... " not giving him a chance to finish I interrupted.

"Sir, I came to apologize for the impudent way I spoke to you and Scott yesterday. I'm very sorry."
"No, no, no, no need to apologize, it's alright, let bygone be bygone. It won't be right to keep malice when we are practically family." that was easy, though I know nothing comes that easy, not from him.

"I only need one thing from you." here we go, I thought so "give Scott a chance. Maybe a date or two, get to know him before making your rash decision of marrying Greyson." he bargains.
I knew his forgiveness would never come easily all thanks to dad.
"I will have to discuss that with my fiance. I'm engaged after all."

Looking at him, he wanted to retort my decision but he must have seen the serious look on my face, he nod his head in agreement. Turning to face an agitated Scott, I told him that I would give him call to tell him my answer. I didn't care for his forgiveness because I have apologized as dad instructed.

I remember vividly well, he didn't specify that Gideon has to accept my apology. So my work here is down. I said goodbye to them smiling innocently. Scott wanted to follow me to my car, I politely declined. Giving an excuse of not wanting to drag him away from his work.

Gideon was not so happy with my decision but who care, definitely not me. Walking majestically to my car, a smug smile on my face, I entered and started the engine. That wasn't so bad after all. Picking up my phone, I saw numerous missed calls. Don't they know when to quit. I sighed, carefully exiting the parking lot, turned onto the road and drove off.

I'm going to get a full hearing from my family especially my dad. He needed an apology from me to Gideon and Scott, I just did that. What else did he expect from me. I stopped by a fast food joint, got some french fries, drink and continued my journey home.

My phone began to vibrate, I picked the call. On the other side I heard dad yelling for me to get home this minute. I told him I was already on my way home before he dropped the call angrily. Why would he be angry, I followed a simple instruction given by him. Sometimes, I don't understand parents and their words.