Chapter two

Is this what it feels like to get your heart broken, now I know how Audrey felt when she found out Charlie was cheating on her. When I left the room, I climbed down the stairs with no direction of where I was actually going. That was until two pairs of hands grabbed me and starting shaking me. I looked up with tears blurring my sight and saw Sam and Angie saying something that I couldn't understand. They took me to another room and sat me down. I felt dumb and void of any type of emotion.

Sam gave me a glass of water which I sipped and gave it back to her. Angie held my hands but didn't make a sound. Everything exploded, all the emotions bottled up inside me erupted when Sam said "Susy, are you okay, please talk to us."

I couldn't bear it any longer, I started crying profusely and they both hugged me. I didn't know what was going on around me all I needed right now are my friends. I cried until I fell asleep in their arms.

In the morning, I had puffy and swollen eyes from crying all through the night. Although I cried my heart out but the pains I felt there wasn't going away any time soon. I stood up from the bed, looking around, I was in Sam's room so I went to the bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror and all I saw was a broken person. The happy and cheerful Susan was gone and it was all because of Liam. Why does it hurt so much. I heard the door open and foot steps, knowing it was my friends, I rinsed my face and pulled my hair into a pony tail.

Stepping out of the bathroom, arms wrapped around me. I looked up to see Audrey's hungover eyes staring back at me. I gave her a little smile, behind her stood Sam and Angie waiting for Audrey to release me. When she did, she took my hand and led me to the bed. I sat down, Sam sat by my right hand, Angie sat by my left hand while Audrey sat on the floor in front of me. None of us said anything for few minutes before Audrey broke the silence.
"You will still have to do your part in cleaning up."
I couldn't stop the smile that spread on my lips.
"She has to clean herself first before cleaning any other thing." Sam snorts.
Angie retorted "Susy, you look like hell, a copy of scary story character for children."

I burst out in laughter with tears rolling down my eyes. I pulled Sam into a hug while they others joined us. I pulled away and looked at them with appreciation in my eyes. What would I have done without them. Angie was the first to speak up.
"Alright, that's enough hugging, come on, let's get you freshened up so that we can talk."
"But I don't feel like bathing." I resisted.
"Do we need to drag you to the bathroom and scrub you until you are red and in pains?" asked Sam smirking, always the mischief one.

On hearing that, I jumped up and ran to the bathroom to freshen up. The thought of Liam with the other girl wasn't washing away with the soap and water. The pain was still there and alive. I knew it was my fault in a way. I would have slept with him. If I had done that, he won't have gone to have sex with another, I tried convincing myself. This is frustrating.

I finished my bath, going into the room, I saw a pair of jeans, top and undies set out for me, they are mine and I know my friends didn't want me to go anywhere near my room for now. It brings back memories. I saw a note beside the clothes "meet us downstairs, breakfast is almost ready and we have a lot to talk about."

Reaching the kitchen, I saw my friends desperately setting up breakfast for us. I am so glad I have them with me. Without taking notice of my presence, Angie asked feeling dejected "Do you think she will ever be her old self."
"I don't know, but one thing I do know is that she is stronger than she looks." Sam replied, still cleaning up the cooker.
"You are right, Sam, why do bad things always happen to us good people?" Audrey mumbled flatly. They continued doing what they were doing. I decided to make myself visible.

"Is breakfast ready? I'm famished." I skipped into the kitchen. They all looked at me and smiled.
"Yes" they said at once.

They set up the table while Angie took my plate and started dishing food into it. I held her hand and took the plate from her.
"Please don't treat me as if I'm disabled, I am going through a heart break not a full body break, guys I don't need preferential treatment." I groaned.
"Okay, we will stop babying you if you tell us exactly how you feel." Angie suggested. Sam and Audrey nodded in agreement.
"I feel as if it is my fault, if only I had sex with him when he asked for it, this won't have happened. I wanted to wait after introducing him to my parents then I will sleep with him but now he had to look for it somewhere else, my......my heart feels empty right now and...." I trailed off.
"Susy, I am saying this out of experience, the pain will be there for a little while but it will definitely go away with time." Audrey interfered smoothening my hair.
"You don't need to blame yourself, he is an asshole, douchebag, jerk, the next time I see him, I will stab him directly in the eye." Sam demonstrated by stabbing her bacon.
Angie shuddered, "I don't think you are being fair to that poor bacon." she stated. We chuckled and continued with our meal.

I wanted to know what I did to deserve such an ill treatment. I have always been the none clingy girlfriend. I wasn't uptight, definitely not bossy. Other than the sex part what else could have made him do this. I will have to confront him to find out but for now, I need to keep my distance. The food was really delicious, I finished and dropped the plate into the dishwasher. We went to the living room to rest a bit.

We sat down to talk as promised. I lay my head on Angie's laps, she began to ran hair fingers through my hair, it felt weirdly nice.
"I was thinking that we should maybe go see a movie or something." Audrey suggested with a smug look.
"I'm up for it." Angie squealed. I rolled my eyes and pretended I didn't know what they were talking about.
"What do you say, Susy? Ready to have some fun?" Sam asked chirpily.

I groaned frustrated "Do I have to?" I grumbled.
"Yes." They retorted sharply.
"You guys suck." I grumbled standing to go dress up.

I chose a grey loose top, a white skirt and a pink sneakers, not really interested in what I'm wearing. As I got downstairs to meet the others, they were already dressed and ready to go.
"You have got to be kidding me." said an irritated voice, I glanced up, it was Sam that made the statement.

Angie giggled and Audrey's jaw was dropped staring at me. I didn't understand the look, that was when Sam spoke again "What the hell do you think you are wearing." looking pissed.
"Clothes?" I wasn't sure if I was meant to answer.
"You call that clothes" she said sarcastically pointing at me.

I looked at my dressing, what is wrong with what I'm wearing. The colour combination looks absurd and it was this or I'm literally not going anywhere. Angie approached me, put a hand on my shoulder and said "Susy, no matter how much I love you, you are not wearing that."
"I'm not changing" I clarified, going to sit down.
"Sam, let her wear the horrible clothes, as long as she's happy. C'mon, let's go keep her happy." Audrey said.

Sam sighed defeated and led the way. "That doesn't mean that you are not dressed like a clown, it's just for today, just for today." she emphasized. I grinned and squealed "let's go have some fun, yeah."

We did have a lot of fun, going to the park, riding round the city and ended up in a club, we danced and danced, I drank and drank until everything became blurry. I felt free, no thoughts existed except enjoying the company of my friends. Waking up to a groaning sound beside me, I was tangled in sheets with a feet directly in my face. How did we end up here.
"Stop pulling my hair" a voice whimpered.
"Sorry, didn't know" another gruffed.
"Could you please stop talking my head hurts badly " another grumbled

Untangling myself wasn't an easy task in doing that, I fell off the bed, it didn't hurt that much. I went to our drug cabinet in the kitchen, took some aspirin and left some for my friends to take whenever they decide to wake up. I freshened up and back to the kitchen to fix us breakfast.