Chapter twenty one

Raymond's POV

The diner was buzzing with people going to and fro. The waiter showed us to our table, as I requested was far off towards the window. I slide the seat out for Susan to sit, then I sat opposite her. I can look at her all day without getting tired. She saw me staring and blushed, tucking her hair behind her ears, making the blush to be profound.

The waiter took our orders before I decided to initiate a conversation.
"So, what did you do today." Hearing the question, she tensed. That's odd, I thought.
"Nothing much, played some games with the girls." she replied, shrugging like it didn't matter. But before I could drill her the more our food arrived.

"Thank God." she mumbled, I think she didn't mean for me to hear that. We ate silently, savouring the food. I bet she will be more delicious than this meal. Few minutes later, we were done. They brought the dessert I ordered for us, cream waffle sundae, cookies and chocolate. Knowing how much she loves eating chocolate.

I stared at her as she took a bite moaning and humming excitedly. The sound got to me but I mustered a lot of control to stay put. She must have noticed my tensed posture because she minimized it a bit but not entirely. I guess this will be my punishment for spying on her discussion.

To divert my perverted thoughts from her, I asked the ultimate question "The games you girls played, was it fun?"
"Hmmmm, yeah." she replied, after hesitating for a second.
"Susan." She peered at me through her lashes. "I would like to discuss something with you, after you must have finished." I added. She nod her head in acknowledgement.

As I wished for, we finished our meal peacefully without any unwanted dramas. I payed the bills, we left. Taking her hand, I led her out to the car. "Where to now?" she asked, curiously swinging our fused hands as we walked to the car.
"Some place quiet." I answered not going into full details.

We entered the car, I drove us to the place my mother usually brought us when she was still alive. It's very calm and peaceful. I drove into the path that leads there, getting to the point where we have to trek a little bit, I stopped.

We got out, I took out the picnic basket at the back seat of the car containing fruits, a bottle of red wine and two wine glasses. Susan raised her eyebrow in wonder. I chuckled, she's obviously surprised because she didn't see the items before now.

I handed over the blankets to her, closed and locked the car, stretched my hand to her which she fused with hers. We trekked the narrowed path for 2 minutes, coming out to the lovely view I have missed so much. I came here a day before getting engaged to Susan and I'm happy to be back here again with her.

Slipping her hands from mine, the view must have swooned her because she twirled around, smiling, utterly happy. I took the blankets, spread them and setting the items we came with. I laughed at her enthusiastic state. My heart beating warmly at the sight, she's so beautiful.

 My heart beating warmly at the sight, she's so beautiful