Chapter three

While fixing the breakfast, my phone rang, I picked it without looking at the caller, with the speaker on, I heard the one voice that once gave me shivers say "Hello, Susy are you there? Please I really need to talk to you, to explain everything, hello are you there?". The anger started building right within me. I wasn't in the mood to talk to him. I disconnected the call without saying a word but he kept calling, choosing between answering him and putting off my phone, I chose the latter.

I was almost done preparing breakfast, bread toast and omelette. Audrey came down the stairs with a scowled face, giving me a deadly glare she handed her phone to me saying "your mum kept calling and we are trying to sleep." I took the phone, I almost forgot I still have family somewhere in this world. Putting the phone to my ear I said "Hello, mum." Knowing my mum it was interrogation time, brace yourself.
"Honey, what happened to you phone, tried calling it wasn't connecting, are you okay, did something happen?" she started at once, without giving me a chance to answer any of her questions, she continued "do you need any assistance, I can fly down there to check up or maybe send someone." The last thing I need right now is my mum tailing me.

"Mum please calm down for a second, I'm fine and no I don't need any assistance." I answered already feeling tired.
"Alright, darling, I called to know if you have made up your mind on when you are coming home."
"Not yet mum, I still have to pack my things and organise some other things." I explained.
"I really miss you dear and your dad wants to speak to you." she softly said.

My dad on the other hand wasn't the type of person you will like to mess around with. If he says jump, then you ask how high. He is very disciplined, took his work serious but he is a softy when it comes to family. If he tells me to board the next flight home, I won't ask much questions, I will do just that. Hearing my dad's voice is both frightening and calming at the same time.
"Susan, how are you?" he boomed.
"I am fine dad, you guys should stop worrying about me, I can take care of myself you know."
He sighed and said "we know you can take care of yourself, but I need you home by weekend it is a matter of great importance, it is still Thursday, so you have until Saturday to put everything in order. I will have a car pick you from the airport." he stated leaving no room for argument.

I knew it was pointless arguing with him. I had to agreed and he disconnected the call. Lucky, my friends walked into the kitchen and helped themselves with the meal.
"Hmmmm, this tastes so good" moaned Angie.
"It's just bread toast" Audrey snickered. Angie stuck her tongue out to Audrey. I'm going to miss their bickering. I know I would still be seeing them but it is totally different from living together.
"Can we at least have a peaceful breakfast." snapped Sam.

Not to continue avoiding the inevitable, I blurted out "I would be going home this weekend, on Saturday precisely."
"What?"
"I said that I'm...... " I started and was cut off by Angie "we heard what you said but why." she inquired. The gawked at me waiting to hear what I had to say.
"My dad asked me to come back home in quote-it is a matter of great importance- I don't know what it means but knowing my dad." I trailed off.

My friends stared at me saying nothing, I continued picking the eggs then suddenly dropped my fork and said "please say something, the silence is killing me." I pleaded.
"Knowing your dad, he would like for you to have plenty of fun before taking over the company but as it stands now, I think that fun time is over, asking you to come home means it is serious and we don't have a say in that matter." Angie lectures.
"It is not as if we won't make out time to see each other." Sam completed.
"I know, but it won't feel the same, I already miss you guys." I mumbled with a teary eyes.
"Come here you big baby." Audrey cooed spreading her hands. We all stood and had a group hug.

I debated to tell them about Liam calling but didn't want to ruin the moment. We still have today and tomorrow together, so we will make it count.
"Alright, not to kill the mood or anything but I need to breathe." I gushed trying to wriggle out of the bear hug. They released me and started giggling.

We finished our breakfast, others went to do their thing while I went to my room to pack my things. Entering the room brought back memories, the good, bad and worse. I didn't have a choice, but to enter and start packing the faster I finish the faster I can get out of here. Not long enough, I heard a knock on the door and someone entering. I was done packing my books, most of my clothes, shoes and bags. I will pack my toiletries on Saturday morning after using them.

The person sat on my bed, I still didn't turn to know who it was. Then the person said "you have been here for three hours now, aren't you tired yet" Audrey asked in a concerned voice.
"I am almost done" I replied knowing fully well how tired and hungry I was.
"I won't push you but lunch is ready to be consumed" she elaborated with a wave of hands.
"I will be down in a minute."
"If you say so" she stood up and left the room leaving me alone once again.

It wasn't long, I finished up the last box and went to the kitchen to eat. The girls had already finished their meal, I served myself the remaining spaghetti and meat balls. I joined them in the living room, where they were watching 'The notebook'. It is a very interesting movie but wasn't in the mood for any mushy, romantic episode. Concentrating on my food, I was done in a matter of minutes, didn't know I was that hungry.

Returning from the kitchen, Sam was the first to speak up "Has Liam called you yet?" I choked on my drink, coughing a little to clear my throat I replied nonchalantly "Yes" like it wasn't a big deal. The others left what they were doing to listen or contribute in the discussion.
"And?"
"And what, if you are asking if I answered the call then no I didn't. I have nothing to say to him and I don't want to hear what he has to say." I shrugged.
"Baby girl, I understand how you feel, I have been down that road but you need to talk to him, hear what he has to say" Audrey advised.
"Meeting with him and talking, okay I will do that, to make the breakup official." I smirked.
"Uh...uh, I know that look. Do we need to follow you and have 911 on a speed dial for his sake?" Angie ridiculed.

What she said was funny. I might be pissed at him but I would never hurt him not intentionally anyway.
"You're kidding right?" I asked. And continued "I'm not going to hurt him or beat him up, we are only going to talk and that's it." I stated matter-of-fact.
"I still vote we give him a group beating that he will never forget in his life." Sam demonstrated by punching her palm.
"We are not beating anybody" I warned.
"Bummer, you are such a buzz kill" she grumbled while the others started laughing.

I left to call him and schedule a meeting. Finding my phone still on the kitchen counter, I turned it on, getting several notifications, missed calls from my mum and Liam, voice and text messages from Liam. I deleted all, there was no need to listen or read any because we will be seeing each other sooner than later. I dialed his number, he picked at the second ring.
"Hello, Susy?" he asked.
"The name is Susan to you, are you free right now because we need to talk and clear some air" I inquired.
"Or are you busy, maybe we can... "
"No, no I'm not busy at all." he sharply interrupted.
"Okay, meet me at Daisy's in 30 minutes, and don't be late" I didn't wait to hear what he has to say, I ended the call.

Daisy's used to be our spot, it is an eatery, that was where we met for the first time, that was where he asked me to be his girlfriend and now that is also where I will make the break up official. It doesn't matter anymore, I would be leaving very soon. I wore a simple peach sundress from the clothes I hadn't packed yet with a milk coloured flip flop, brushed my hair to slide down my back, applied a little gloss on my lips and I'm good to go.