Chapter twenty nine

Susan's POV

When we heard door bell ring, Audrey opted to go answer the door. I, Sam and Angie continued doing the dishes and arranging them. Mum gave the maids an indefinite leave, saying she wants us the girls to learn domestic duties. Domestic duties my butt, she could have just said, 'How can I have four grown ladies in the house and still need the assistance of the maids.'

I heard Audrey open the door and multiple foot steps entering the house. That's strange, I yelled out to Audrey asking on who was at the door. Her answer marveled us, 'Some hot mouth drooling guys.' I stared at the girls before we all rushed out to go see the mouth drooling guys.

Bursting into the living room, we saw Matt, Mateo, Raymond and another man we didn't recognize. I stared in wonder, Ray chuckled at our facial expressions, approaching me.
"Susy, this is my other friend I told you about, Santiago, he lives in Spain, Santiago meet Susan my fiancee."

"It's nice to finally meet another friend of Ray, I hope you came prepared for the wedding." I stretched out my hand for a handshake but what I didn't anticipate is Santiago pulling me into a hug grinning widely. Ray had to pull me out of his tight grip.

"Amigo, you didn't tell me you are engaged and to this beautiful damsel."
"There are things he doesn't need to tell you, nosy person." Matt retorted.
"I wasn't talking to you asshat."
"Here we go again." Ray and Mateo mumbles.

What am I missing here, I thought. Ray must have seen our confused state, "Don't worry about them, they have been feuding for years now. Let's go inside and let them be." I opened my mouth to ask if they won't end up killing each other, Ray intervened again "they won't kill themselves, a bit of exchange of words and that's all, come on."

Taking my hands, the girls went to finish up the dishes while I, Ray and Mateo sat in the living room. Matt and Santiago were still bickering and yelling at each other.
"Do they do that often." I asked, trailing a finger up and down his chest.
"Yes, whenever they meet." He answers, sighing, "what of your parents."

"Dad left before breakfast for a business deal or something like that and Mum left few minutes before you guys arrived." We remained silent, enjoying the warmth between us, Matt and Santiago walked in grumbling.

"I wonder why you invited him." Matt points at an upset Santiago.
"Maybe because I'm his real best friend and he met me first." Santiago argues.
"No he pitied your dumb ass and made you his friend."
"Nah, he pitied your nerd head and accepted you as his friend and I'm his best Amigo, tart face."

The argument began once again, my friends and I watched the exchange while Mateo and Ray pretended not to see them. This is really serious. I can't take this anymore. Jumping from my seat, I yelled at the both of them, "Hey, you two stop it. I'm tired of listening to your childish rambling. Either the both of you settle your disputes as two grown up ass men or you get the fuck out of my house. Your choice and better choose wisely."

If I were a cartoon, smokes would have been escaping from my ears by now with the way I am fuming with anger. They all stared at me in astonishment, while Ray has a smile on his lips.
"I didn't start it, he did." Matt pointed out.
"I don't give a damn who started it but if I hear a single harsh word from your lips to each other again, I won't be responsible for my next actions. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, ma'am." They both answered.
"Good." I sat down back, cuddling to Ray already exhausted.
"I have never seen them this quiet before or has anybody cautioned them before especially a woman." Ray whispers to me, his voice clouded with pride and excitement.

I was almost enjoying my peace and quiet before Santiago crushed it all, "Sorry to interrupt, Ray where did you find the spit fire. The only woman that has ever stood up to me was my mother."
"That's what you get when you don't keep your hell hole mouth shut." Matt slurs Santiago again.