Chapter sixteen

Raymond's POV

Leaving Susan's house, I drove to Matt's place not intending to sleep in mine being alone can be exhausting sometimes. I got to Matt's house, opening the door with the spare key he gave me, what I wasn't prepared for was seeing my best friend half naked making out with his girlfriend.

"Don't you have a room or something." I snapped interrupting them. Joanna squeaked covering herself with her dress I presume. Matt surprised by the intrusion fell of the couch. "Don't you know how to knock." he asked groaning from his fall.

"I have a key" dangling the key between my fingers. "I'm sorry Joanna I wasn't aware you guys are trying to make babies on the couch today." I apologized smirking at a frustrated Matt. She blushed mumbling something that I could hear. "I'm sorry for interrupting, I will be going to my room, you can continue." I gestured to them.

I entered the room I chose as mine when Matt bought the house. Dumping the keys on the table, taking off my clothes, going to the bathroom to take a shower. Once I was done with that, I wore shorts, lounged on the bed and texted Susan. I wonder what she would be doing by now.

She replied immediately. I thought she would have slept by now. Her reply stretched a smile on my face. Laying with my arms behind my neck I thought about tonight's event. I wouldn't counter getting married to her even if I was threatened to. By this time next week, she would be mine, sleeping with that thought in mind.

Waking up the next day, it's Saturday, a half day in the office for me. I freshened up, going to the kitchen, I met Joanna wearing one of Matt's shirts preparing breakfast. She turned around and yelped in surprise "You need to stop sneaking up on people." she complained, moving around me to get something from the table.

"Sorry, where is Matt, please don't tell me he is still sleeping." I begged waiting for her answer. She giggled and nod her head.
"You have got to be kidding me." Turning to go wake him in the wicked way possible, I saw him strolling down the stairs.

Noticing his puffy red eyes, I turned to Joanna who was pouring coffee into a cup for Matt and said "How much did you wear out my friend that he looks so horrible this morning." a hint of amusement and taunting in my voice. Joanna laughs while Matt grumbles taking a sip of his coffee.

"We have a 10 o'clock meeting with Mr Whiteley." he mumbled and muttering a thank you to Joanna as she placed our food before us, walking out of the kitchen to go dress up. "Yeah, I know."
"So you are getting married next week." he questioned taking a bite from his bread toast.

"Hmmmm, will you be my best man." I asked staring at him.
"Of course, I will." We ate in silence until he asked again "Not to be nosy and I know it's none of my business but is Scott and Greta going to be a problem."
"Not if they value their lives." I answered nonchalantly.

My time growing up in Spain led me to connections that will make them disappear if I snap my fingers but that won't be necessary for now. Matt knew about them, though I was never involved but they owed me some favours. Matt nod his head in understanding.

We didn't take long leaving for the office. I have clothes, shoes, wrist watches and some other necessities in Matt's house and he also did in mine. Changing to one of them, I drove to the office alone. Matt had to drop off Joanna at her work place.

Today better not be crazy, I thought walking into my office. I spent the next one hour going through the emails Matt left for me. Taking my phone, I wanted to call Susan. Instead I called her mother. She picked at the third ring "Hello, good morning Stella." I greeted.
"If you are calling for Susan, she just left with the girls to buy their clothes."
"No, no I want to speak to you."