Chapter forty one

Susan's POV

Immediately Ray and the guys left, we went to bed. I didn't know we were that tired. I stared at the ceiling, before finally falling asleep. I woke up feeling physically drained with all the drama that unfolded yesterday. Who would have thought, Evangeline a stalker? I definitely didn't see that coming.

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty." Audrey's chirpy voice got me out of my thought.
"Your prince charming is not here to wake you with a magical kiss, do well and get off your sleepy butt." Sam taunts. Angie giggles behind them. I groaned and stood up.

I took a shower, washed my hair and pulled it into a pony tail. I will hand dry it later, after eating. We settled for cereal. As we ate, Sam talked on and on about the wedding tomorrow. I ignored them, concentrating on my meal. Once we finished, we did the dishes together.

Mum left quite early to attend to something, dad got an emergency call from Gideon, so he left. I spent most of the day trying to reach Ray but my authoritative and sometimes obnoxious friends, kept cutting it off. Until they succeeded in taking away my phone and threatened to smash my laptop if I tried using it too.

We spent most of the day, braid each other's hair, waiting for my parents to come home. It was almost sun down before they came home together. They might have met somewhere, then came home together.
"Aren't you girls having a bachelorette party or something." Dad asks, standing in front of our opened room door.

"We are not up for it. We still have years and years to party. For now we want to spend quality time together as singles. Susy is getting married tomorrow, Angie is already on the verge of dating, which might lead to another wedding. Audrey has got an admirer." Sam shrugs smiling sheepishly at us.

We shook our heads in disappointment.
"How did we become friends again." Angie asks feigning dreaded. We snicker at her acting, dad chuckles and left. It wasn't long, mum called us for dinner. After we finished, mum and dad left us to clean up and do the dishes.

Once we were done, Angie suggested we have a mini party. With ice cream, chips and movies. It isn't such a bad idea so we did. We gathered a lot of chips packs, ice creams in different flavors, strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, raspberry. Being my special day, I chose Pitch perfect.

I love the movie because of the song competition in it. We were drowned in consuming so much sugar, luckily, none of us gets hyper from sugar. Leaving empty cups, packs and the television on, we slept off. I woke up to mum and my friend's smiling faces.

"Good morning, princess. You need to stand up today is precisely very important to all of us" Mum beams. I observed that I'm laying on my bed instead of the ground. The room is spotless, how did that happen.
"We got it cleaned up and didn't want to stress you, today is your day dear." Mum smoothens my hair and pecks my forehead.

My friends jumped on the bed, squealing and dancing in circle. Today is my wedding, I'm getting married to my other half. I smiled at my friends.
"Stand up, stand up, let's get you freshened up and beautiful. You have a certain young man to wow." Sam urged, dragging me from the bed and into the bathroom.

While showering, I avoiding wetting my hair. Audrey warned me severely not to wet the hair. 'I won't be able to create a stunning hair style if you wet the hair.' Her exact words.
"Honey, would you like macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets and barbecue sauce or pasta and salmon?" Mum asked from my room.

"I will take bacon and eggs, don't want to automatically get fat on my wedding day." I replied, walking out of the bathroom in a towel. Mum smiled and left.
"Missy, go get dressed. We're going down to eat something. See the time it's almost noon." Audrey points to the closet.