Chapter twenty eight

Raymond's POV

Leaving Dario's office with the intention of going to see my lady, my phone starts to vibrate in my pocket. I took the phone out and saw 'Mateo' as the caller. I answered the call, he told me he has arrived to New Jersey, I gave him the address to Susan's house to meet me here and ended the call.

Going into the living room, Matt rushed to me, "Mateo called, he was asking where he would meet us, I told him to call you." He whispers.
"Yeah, I know, I just finished speaking to him, he is coming here."
"Huh, why."
"To meet us here of course. He doesn't have the key to the house and I can't let him stay at the hotel."

When Dario pays up the debts and Gideon or Scott still poses a threat, I will need Mateo to be close to Susan at all times, but I didn't need to go into details to explain that to Matt. He didn't argue only shrugged his shoulder and went back to his seat.

I walked towards the kitchen and stopped when I heard my name in a question.
"Is Ray going to back out of the marriage?" Through the soft timid voice, my guess is it's Angie that asked the question.
"Hell no, do you see the way he looks at Susan, like she's a drop of water in the desert. He desires her more than I have ever wanted sex and we all know I love sex a lot." Sam replied.

"Gosh, I wish someone can look at me the way he looks at you Susy, he loves you so much no doubt." Audrey added. Susan didn't utter a word, I decided to make my presence known. I entered the kitchen, a blank look on my face with no intention to indicate that I heard their conversation about me again.

Sam wanted to say something but Angie nudged her seeing that the subject of their discussion has arrived. I gave them a nod and approached Susan. She was surprised to see me but somehow covered it up with a smile.
"Are you done talking to my dad?"
"Yup." I answered sitting on the kitchen chair.

Pulling her between my legs, tucking a strand of hair that escaped her pony tail, "I invited some of my friends from Spain to the wedding. I hope you're okay with it"
"Of course, why won't I be. Meanwhile I haven't met anybody close to you except for Matt and Lizzy. I want to meet everybody in your life." She answers wrapping arms round my neck and tugging at my hair.

"Hmmmm, that feels really good." I commented to her tugging my hair, a groan left my throat.
"We are still here you know." Sam complains, Audrey and Angie snickering.
Completely ignoring them, I pulled her lips to mine, it felt like every other movement stopped. I kissed her softly, sucking in her bottom lips. It was suppose to be an innocent kiss but nothing about her is innocent to me.

"Come on guys, not in the kitchen, some of us actually eat here. And that is disgusting to see." Jayden hollers, giving us a disgust look. Angie, Audrey and Sam burst out laughing while Susan buried her flaming face into my chest.

"I care about the both of you but I don't need that type of picture in my mind. My sister and her fiance." Jayden croaked out, stalking out of the kitchen. I chuckled, Susan hitting my chest softly not lifting her head.

"Sorry to interrupt whatever it is that is going on here, Mateo is here." Matt intercepts, gaining our attentions. I stood up, taking  Susan's hand, I led her out to the living room.
Mateo is sitting on the couch, glancing round his surrounding. Dario, Stella and Jayden were nowhere in sight. They must have left or something.

Mateo always has this keep away from me vibe but deep down, he's a big softy. He's well built like me, has multiple tattoos all over his body. His black hair always trimmed very low and jet black onyx eyes that twinkles when he smiles which was not most of the time. Probably once in a while.

"Hey man, it's so nice to see you." He greeted, standing to shake my hands but I pulled him into hug, patting his back.
Pulling back, "Welcome, sorry I called you in urgently." I apologized which I never do before.
His eyes widens in surprise, "Uhhh, no Sir, it's okay. It's my job to always answer whenever I'm called upon." He answers folding his hand behind his back showing respect.

"I do like you to meet someone very special to me." I motioned to Susan, she came and stood beside me. "Mateo this is Susan, my fiancee. Susan, Mateo a friend of mine." I introduced them. Susan smiled at him, stretching her hands for a handshake, Mateo glanced at me and I nod my head in approval, he shook her hands.

"It's a pleasure meeting you." She greeted. He simply nod his head acknowledging her words. I introduced him to every other person before I took him and Matt outside to explain the situation to him. Explaining the issues with Gideon, Scott, Greta, their threats and so on. He promised to always keep Susan and her family safe.

We had dinner with Susan's family and friends. After that, it was time to head home. Matt and Mateo walked to the car while I and Susan strolled down the lane towards the car. I stopped pulling her towards me, "Susy, promise me that you will stay out of trouble and be safe."

"When am I always going about seeking for trouble." She asks, stifling a laugh.
"I don't know, maybe going to meet Gideon without telling me and one more thing, call Scott or Gideon and tell them that I refused to let you go on any fucked up dates with Scott." Smoothing her hair.

She smiled, nodding her head. I lowered my head, taking her soft lips into mine, without deepening it, I withdrew back, smiling at her disappointed face.
"Don't worry we have few more days to go, then you can have me anywhere and anytime you want."
She sighed, "Okay, good night, I'm going to miss you." She whispers lightly.

"I will miss you too and don't forget that I love you so much." I reminded her, kissing her forehead and breathing her soft perfume in.
"I love you too."
Finding it difficult to separate from her but I eventually did, entering the passenger seat, Matt the driver and Mateo at the back seat. We waved at her before we drove off.

Matt dropped I and Mateo in front of my house, before driving off. We walked into the house, I showed Mateo to his room, telling him to make himself at home and comfortable before informing him of Santiago's arrival the next day. That night, I slept without any worries, only the thought of Susan in my mind.

I woke up to noises, more like yelling, what the fuck is going on, I thought. Scrambling from my bed, I descended the stairs to see Matt and another figure yelling at themselves and Mateo eating a packet of popcorn watching the drama unfold.
"Why the fucking noise." I yelled, stopping them from yelling at each other.

The other yeller turned around revealing the face of my other best friend Santiago. I thought so.
"Amigo, it's so good to see you man." He yells, pulling me into a tight embrace which I returned patting his back. I pulled back staring at him.

"I didn't expect you to be here this early." I asked, really surprised to see him, after he said he has a deal to close up on.
"You know I will always answer to your call. The deal didn't take much time." He replies, grinning widely.

"I have missed you, Amigo, how long has it been." He asked raising his brows thinking.
"It hasn't been that long. Four months, I think." I answered for him.
"Four months is a very long time, Amigo. You're my own brother, unlike some puta." He teased, staring at Matt who was glaring daggers at him.

I burst out laughing, their bickering always makes me laugh. After we shared our greetings, I left them to get dressed, with no intention of going to the office today. Once I finished getting dressed, we left to get breakfast in a taco food shop.

After we finished eating, Santiago told me that his boys that he came with were lodging in a hotel. I knew he would never come alone. When I asked him how many they were, he laughed and avoided the question. Once we finished, I took Santiago, Matt and Mateo tagged along to go meet Susan.

We got to Susan's house, Santiago was bewildered because he doesn't recognize the house. I rang the door bell, Audrey opens the door, letting us in. I heard Susan's voice inquiring who was at the door. Audrey replies with 'some hot mouth drooling guys.'

Susan, Sam and Angie came out of the kitchen to see the hot mouth drooling guys. Their facial expressions jumped from excited to recognition then to wonder, when the saw Santiago's unfamiliar face. It's so funny how they can switch emotions so easily.