Chapter nine

Raymond POV

Lounged on the couch still smiling, I thought about how my life has been. Mum's death, moving to Spain, dad's death and now getting engaged to my dream girl. Before mum died I was the golden child. I didn't worry too much about anything. I was showered with surplus love from both mum and dad. She died of cancer and her death took away a lot of things. Dad gave me whatever I needed food, clothes, cars, etcetera but didn't give me what I essentially needed his love, attention and care.

He submerged himself to work, travelled a lot. At 15, I rebelled, did drugs, street racing, fighting to get my father's attention, but all he did was pay for the evidences to disappear. I didn't stop or should I say couldn't stop. When things heated more than necessary, we had to move. It wasn't that hard because I didn't make close friends to miss except for Susan.

Thinking about Susan always gets me excited. I met her when she was 12, the first thing I noticed about her is her prominent translucent blue eyes. It was a challenge to me because she didn't throw herself at me, like the other girls did, instead she avoided me like a plague, that gets to me everytime.

Moving to Spain, we fitted right in with all the money dad has, was enough to start a new life. I was homeschooled until I had to leave for college. Dad made sure the college I attended was only 45 minutes drive from home, though I spent most of my time in the dorm. Nine years passed before father fell ill but before he died, he made me promise to return to New Jersey, build a partnership with Dario, Susan's father.

Coming back to New Jersey, everything felt new. I looked up on Dario, the company and Susan. A lot has changed within the last ten years, the company had financial issues and Susan, looking as beautiful as ever. I knew I promised to help Dario stabilize his business. That was when I thought, why not give him what he wants in exchange for what I want.

I was actually surprised when Dario told me, that his daughter accepted my proposal. The day I met her, I instantly knew I was never letting her go. She has changed a lot, from a 12 year old petite self now curvy in the right places, her brown wavy hair falling to her waist, her eyes, those gorgeous blue eyes, soft pink lips that I couldn't wait to kiss. I felt relieved when she said yes to my proposal.

I was bewildered and excited when her father called, telling me about a birthday party she was attending today. I had to postpone the remaining meetings I had for the day because I won't be able to concentrate, knowing fully well where she was and what she might possibly be doing.

I got to her house after going to mine, changing out of my office wear. Her mum let me in and told me to make myself comfortable since Susan was still asleep. I checked the time on my rolex watch and it's already 12:35 pm. I guess not having anything to do can do that to someone. I went to the game room her mum showed me, played some games before I had a sudden urge to get some milk.

Entering the kitchen, a magnificent sight was before me. Susan still in her baby pink nightie drinking milk from the bottle. I didn't mean to startle her but the look on her face is so adorable. Other reasons why I love having her around is her witty comments, sarcasm, the adorable look on her face when she's pissed and the way her eyes twinkles when she smiles or laughs. Before she went back to her room, she made mentioned something about my dressing.

Presently, I looked at my clothes, "What am I supposed to wear to a birthday party." I thought. The front door opened and her mother walked in. "Welcome back, Mrs Dario." I greeted, standing to help her with her bags.
"Thank you and Raymond, there is no need to be so formal, call me Stella." she replied, waving the maids over to take the bags to her room.
"Is she not yet awake?" she asked referring to Susan going up the stairs.
"She is. Stella can I ask you something." I said, making her stop in her step, turning she gave a go ahead nod.

"Am I not dressed for a birthday party or is there a special outfit for it." I needed to know. She glanced from my head to my toes, giggles and said "You look nice but not nice enough for a classic birthday party." She led me by my arms into a room with different clothing sections. Wow, this must be one of the perks of being a fashion designer. The clothes were arranged perfectly, we got to the male section, she took out a green shirt, blue plain trouser and a shiny black shoes.

She shoved them into my hands and pointed to the dressing room, I changed into the outfit, came out, she checked it gave a twirling sign. It seems she is in her fashion designing mood. I modelled the cloth, she shook her head in disapproval, brought some many other clothes, shoved them in my face and pointed to the dressing room. As I got through the clothes one after the other, she didn't approve of any until I wore a white shirt, black trouser and a black pair of shoes.

She jumped, clapping her hands like a teenager. Her face brightened up showing I had put on the accurate wear according to her. I felt like a teenage boy dressing for prom though I didn't attend that. She smoothened the shirt and told me that I was good to go. We left the room, checking my watch, it was already 5:45 pm, time really did fly when you are having fun.

As we got to the living room, I heard the sound of heels coming down the stairs, the first thing I saw is golden shiny shoes, as the legs got down more, I gazed upon straight legs before going up to the curvy stature I admire a lot. The white dress hugged the right places, making her boobs look plumpy, then her face, she didn't apply too much make up to make her different, she did the make up to suit her flawless skin well.

She is incredibly beautiful, a gasped came from her mother who rushed to her gushing about how beautiful she looks. I have to admit, she is gorgeous, I couldn't stop staring, it is going to be hard to leave her side tonight. She smiled standing in front of me and said "You clean up well, I must say, not so bad. Let's go before we are late."

I snapped out of my not so innocent thought. We left for the party, Taylor their driver drove us there, telling us that he won't stick around but will come back anytime we needed him and left. The house was already packed with mostly mid aged people. We entered the spacious house, Susan clung to my arms. It seems she is not too happy to be here either.

Before we could get a drink, an older women dragged Susan from my arms giving her a bear hug, Susan on the other hand didn't look so comfortable. She pulled back, blabbering on how beautiful she looks, Susan gave me a help me look. I intervened by interrupting the blather lady, no offense but she is making my girl uncomfortable.

She glanced to me her mouth opening and closing, I have that effect on people except for Susan. "Hello dear, I didn't see you there." she said trying to comport herself. I greeted her but before any other words could be exchanged, a young man approached us. He has a trimmed blond hair and hazel eyes, seeing the similarities in them, I guessed she is his mother.

He stood by his mother staring lustfully at Susan, I wasn't the only one affect by this woman. The young man stretched his hands to Susan for a handshake, she took it and introduced their selves "Hello, I'm Scott, nice to meet you." he said kissing the back of her hand. She withdrew her hand immediately smiling to cover up her being uncomfortable. "Susan and this is Raymond my fiance." she stated, placing her left hand on my chest to display her sparkling engagement ring.

Scott looked at his mother who has a surprised look, clear his throat to cover up his surprised and disappointed look, welcomed us and left with is mother on his trail. I turned to stare at Susan giving her what the hell just happened look, she giggled, reached for a glass of wine, sipped her drink and giggled again.

She took my hands in hers, taking us to the corner of the room and explained everything to me, how Scott's parents visited her parents and asked for her hand in marriage. Now I understand why her father wanted me here. To stake my claim on her so that Scott and his parents will back off, well that's my expertise, staking a claim on what is mine. Time to put up a nice show I smirked.