Chapter twenty four

Raymond's POV

After dropping off Susan, I drove to my house. On my way there, I called Matt. The call went straight to voicemail after ringing for a while. I dropped a voice message asking him to call me back. I drove into my garage, parked, got out of the car, walked out, locked the garage and jogged into the house.

I hadn't planned on proposing to Susan today, but the mood was set accurately and I couldn't afford to miss the opportunity. The smile and the glittering in her eyes has definitely made my day. I love her so much.

Going to my room, I freshened up, going down to the kitchen, I poured a glass of orange juice. Sipping it, I walked to living room, slumping on the couch and grabbed the remote.

I put on a song to soothe my nerves, thinking of Susan. I have only but four days to wake up alone in bed, that thought brought a smile on my face. I wish mum and dad were still alive to see me this happy. My thought were disrupted when my phone rang.

Picking it up seeing Matt as the caller, I paused the song I was listening to, "Hey, man, did Lizzy abandon you or what." I teased.
"That would be an understatement of the century. She's furious man, accusing me for deliberately getting her pregnant." he groaned into the phone.

"If you aren't stuck, trying to prove yourself, come over we have a lot to talk about."
"I'm on my way, she left the house few minutes ago, saying something about going to take a breathe." he replied. I heard shuffling in the background, he told me he would be with me in a minute and ended the call.

Few minutes later, the door opened, a stress out looking Matt stride into the room. Grabbing my half filled juice, he gulped them all.
"Woah, if you are that thirsty go get some from the kitchen." I advised,  which he ignored. Taking the now empty glass, I went to the kitchen, filled it with orange juice, walked back to the sitting room and handed the cup to him.

He muttered a thank you.
"So talk to me, what happened." I asked, sitting opposite him. He closed his eyes and breathed in deeply.
"I told her about me not being comfortable having a child out of wed luck. She didn't say anything at first then I suggested to her that we should get married months before the baby is born."

"And?"
"And, she flayed up, yelling and yelping that I'm being selfish and didn't consider her feeling, what she wants, that was why I deliberately got her pregnant to tie her down." he concluded, gulping the remaining drink.

"I don't understand. What does she mean by tying her down."
"Well, she got appointed a manager in another of their branch in Florida. This baby will stop her from relocating." he answered, running his fingers through his hair.

"Did you?"
"Ray, why would you ask such a question. I love her so much and if her dream is to relocate to Florida then I would pack up and go with her."
"Did you tell her that?"
"Of course not, she didn't give me a chance to explain myself."

"But being pregnant doesn't limit her also being a manager right?" I asked in wonder trying to connect the missing dots.
"Yes, it does. Their line of work is very stressful, her being pregnant won't make it easy for either her or the company." he explained.

"Oh, now I understand. I'm so sorry man."
"It's alright."
"What is she going to now. Abort the baby or quit her job."
"She better not think about aborting my child because I won't tolerate that and she wouldn't have told me at first if her intentions were to abort the child." he clarifies.

"That's true." I confirmed, leaning back on the couch.
"Enough about me, what of you. How did it go with you and Susan." he asked changing the topic.
"It was awesome. I finally properly proposed to her and she said yes." I stated, shrugging like it didn't matter. But deep down inside of me, I am so excited.