Chapter thirty three

Susan's POV

Immediately Ray and the guys stormed out of the house, I burst into tears, Dad cuddled me into his chest, whispering that it will be okay.
"Who would be thinking of hurting me dad?" I asked, snuggling up to him. His warm cologne calming my nerves down a bit.

"I don't know sweetie but we will surely get them." He whispers back, smoothing my hair. Pulling away from him, I wiped my tears with the hankie Angie gave to me.
"We need to inform the police." Angie suggests, holding my hands and leading me to the couch.

"We can't, Raymond is right. We don't know if Gideon and Scott is involved. If they are, they would have informants at the station and he might cause more havoc than this." Jayden argues, explaining how he thought of it.

"That's true." Mum nods in agreement.
"I don't want Ray getting hurt because of me." I said softly, the thought of Ray hurt, stabs my heart.
"Have you met the guy? He's tough to look at and I can bet with my best lingerie, that he is also tough within." Sam blurted out, causing everybody to start laughing.

"Samantha, this is not the time for your jokes." I playful glare at her. She flipped me off, receiving a smack from mum. She whined, pouting, making mum rub her shoulders gently saying sorry to her. The scenario is very funny, making me beam at their sense of humor.

"Everything will be alright." Lizzy held my hands squeezing it gently. I nod my head in appreciation. She stood up and left to attend to a crying Jason. He just woke up and might be feeling hungry or seeking for a motherly attention.

Jay suggested that we all keep it cool and act like nothing happened but we need to stay inside the house. My parents kissed my forehead and head upstairs to their room. Jay went to assist Lizzy in taking care of Jason, leaving me alone with my friends.

We decided to go to our room and do something. I know that Ray will call or text when he finds something, I thought.
"Have you girls heard from home. I'm really sorry that I haven't asked in a while."
"Don't worry your pretty little head." Audrey said ruffling my hair. I smacked her hand away pouting.

"Don't be such a baby." Sam teased, they others joined in laughing at my new appearance due to my hair sticking out in different directions. I joined when they continued laughing. Few moments later, we stopped to catch our breath. They told me that their parents were okay but won't be able to make it to the wedding, sending their regards.

I really didn't expect them to attend, for four long years of being friends with their children, I have met them on very rare occasions. So it didn't bother me because I didn't build a strong connection with them at all.
"Sam, how is Leonard, is he still coming to the wedding?" I asked, sparking a conversation.

"Nope, he said something came up and he would make it up to me. I don't really care if he comes or not and we weren't even that serious. He is always looking for an excuse to dodge out from meeting people close to me." She shrugged nonchalantly. But we all can see that she was hurt by that.

"Sam, will you be my date?" Audrey asked her, kneeling beside her dramatically.
"I will, you sweet, nice lady." Sam replies, feigning a british accent. We started laughing again.
"What of me kind ladies?" Angie pouts, batting her eyes.

"No way in hell am I getting in the middle of your love story with Santiago. He will literally kill me. Have you met the man?" Sam put up her hands in surrender. The gesture made us to start laughing all over again.
"You girls are always so mean to me." Angie said in a baby like voice.

It intensifies our laughter the more. I love spending time with this girls, they know how to brighten my gloomy days. Speaking of Santiago, "Angie, I don't want to discourage you or anything, looking at Santiago he has this, play boy vibes, like I don't know." I trailed off, unsure of how to put it.