Chapter six

A waiter was standing behind the door, I asked for the reserved table under Greyson and he told me Mr Greyson was already at the table. He showed me to the table, Ray was sitting facing away from the direction I came, staring out the window. From behind his brown hair almost black are gelled backwards but I couldn't make out what the front looked like. Reaching the table, I cleared my throat indicating that I had arrived.

He looked up and I was stunned staring at the most amazing and prominent grey with a little hint of blue eyes. He smiled, hugged me and gave me a peck on the cheek whispering "Act as if we are deeply in love." then he pulled back and drew out my seat, I sat down trying to gather my thoughts and failing. He got more handsome, I am in for a very long drive.

"You look very beautiful" he compliments.
I blushed "thank you and you don't look so bad yourself." He leaned back staring at me, this is becoming awkward. The waiter approached us asking if we needed anything, Ray told him to get a bottle of their most expensive wine and two wine glasses. His expression changed to the business like, the type of have seen many times on my father. He leaned towards me, looked me in the eye and said "Let's get down to business. It came to my knowledge that you agreed to marry me and I won't ask why you made the decision flexibly but I still have terms and conditions if this is going to work" he gestured between us.

I nod my head while he elaborated "Starting from next week, you will be living in my house, in different rooms precisely, I will keep away from your room unless necessary and you will do the same. Since we will be getting married soon, no seeing other people, we won't need to monitor each others movement, I like my personal life private." This won't be hard at all.
"Is that all?" I had to ask as not to cross any closed off boundaries.
"Oh, yeah, one more thing us being intimate, we will go on dates and we need to appear all lovey-dovey, so holding hands, kissing in public is acceptable but while in the house it's optional, if you would like to explore more in that department I'm all up for it." he smirked sending shivers down my spine, can he not be so crude.

The waiter came back with our drink, opened it and left. Ray took my glass, poured a half glass and did the same to his. I sipped the wine, its sour sweety taste whirled on my tongue, a little moan left my throat. I heard a deep breathe taken, I glanced at Ray and saw his pupils dilate a bit.
"I accept it all." I immediately blurted out as to divert his attention to something else.
"Alright, let's make it official and I hope you can act because your acting skills has to be initiated now."

He said softly for just me to hear. He stood up, approaching my side of the table, I adjusted my chair a little and put on my most surprised looking face. He went down on one kneel, bringing put a black velvet ring box, without all the lovely speeches I have always wished to hear before my engagement. He said "Susan Emily Will, will you marry me?"

Though knowing it was all an act, my heart fluttered. I stood up gasping and replied "Yes, I will." Stretching my left hand to him, he slipped a very beautiful and definitely expensive ring to my middle finger. I stood up, drew me close, I already knew what was about to happen. He closed the gap and kissed me. It was a light peck on the lips but his minty breathe is addictive, the kiss sent several butterfly wings fluttering in my stomach. He hugged me and said "Thank you." I couldn't comprehend what he meant by that, I just hugged him back.

Pulling back looking at each other, he has a genuine smile on his lips. He looked more handsome than before, his eyes glittered. Clapping and camera snapping sounds got us out of our comfort zone. We turned and faced the crowd that had gathered, he joined my hands with his, brought it to his lips and kissed the back of my hand. I blushed proudly, I haven't had this type of attention in a long time. We got several congratulations and glares from desperate girls that couldn't keep their eyes to themselves. "He's mine" I thought, when did I get possessive, this is weird.

The crowd despised while the camera flashes continued, we concentrated on ourselves and the food we ordered. After eating he offered to take him home but Taylor was already waiting. He countered my appeal saying it is now he's responsibility as my fiance to take care of me. I couldn't argue with him on that, so Taylor had to leave me with him. Getting to his car a red porsche, he definitely had a good taste in cars.

He opened the car door for me, I entered and sat down. He got behind the wheels and drove smoothly out the parking lot. The silent is comfortable and I can actually think about the what happened in the past few minutes. Wow, I'm engaged, this is unbelievable, just last two weeks I was dating someone else and now I'm engaged to another, what a world. I wonder what my friends would say especially Sam. I would talk to them once I'm settled.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned, Ray gestured forward, looking up, we are in front of my house. Was I out that long?. I said a thank you getting out of the car, he got out too, I grunted, isn't he going home. He held out his hand for me to take, I rolled my eyes, what a gentleman. We stepped into the house with his arm around my waist. "Can this man be any more obnoxious?" I thought.

My parents weren't expecting to see us home together judging by the surprised look on their faces. My mum was the first to break the silence, "Honey, I didn't expect you coming home with Mr Greyson." surprise written all over her voice.
"You don't need to call me Mr Greyson, call me Ray, we are practically family now since I asked your daughter to marry me and she said yes." he rudely interrupted while smirking.

Mum hugged me saying her congratulations which sounded weird coming from her shivering voice. I pulled back and saw tears gathering in her eyes, I smiled, she returned it but it obviously didn't look real. Dad was sitting on the couch saying nothing. "Dad?" He stood up and hugged me pulling me to his chest and whispered "I hope you made the right decision but it is not too late to back out." I pulled back and smiled "I will be fine dad."

Mum invited Ray to stay for dinner which he accepted. Dad and Ray went to his office to discuss some business matters as dad emphasized, promising to be done by dinner. Mum sat beside me on the couch and said "Honey, we can still manage, change businesses, move to LA or something, you don't have to marry him."
"Mum this is my choice and now all I need from all of you is to support and trust me. It won't be that bad, it's marriage not a death sentence." I joked trying to get her to smile and it worked.

Dinner was ready, I went to inform dad and Ray. Reaching the office I raised my hand to knock and heard dad's voice say "Raymond, please I'm begging you, leave my daughter out of this. Ask for any other thing and I will do it but please not her." he pleaded.
"And why would I do that. She is already engaged to me. It will be all over the social media by tomorrow and I won't let my reputation to be questioned if I cut off the engagement before it even starts." he argues.
"I didn't mean immediately, we will give it sometime, let's say two weeks, then we come up with something saying it couldn't work out." Dad elaborated sounding so desperate.

After a minute of silence Ray said "I have thought about it and my decision still remains the same. I want your daughter and I will have her. There is nothing else you can offer me that will change my mind." he said firmly. I turned to leave and saw mum coming, I turned back and knocked on the door, opening it, without looking at them, I told them that dinner was ready and left immediately. I almost collided to mum, she gasped asking what took me so long. I didn't spare her a glance and walked back to the dinning room.

Sitting there so many thought rushed to my mind at once. "What the hell did I involved myself in?" Dinner was quite something and peaceful until Raymond ruined it by saying "I asked Susan to move into my house by next week, so that we can get to know each other and be comfortable with each other in case we get in a press crossfire, we would be able to pull through." "Does this man has any self respect at all? It was my decision and I was suppose to break the news to my parents not him." I thought glaring at him. I stood up with my plate and left for the kitchen.

Please drop your comments, like and share too.