xiii. fellowship of the ring

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵
❝ 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

"STRANGERS FROM DISTANT LANDS

"STRANGERS FROM DISTANT LANDS...FRIENDS OF old. You have been summoned here by the threat of Mordor. Middle Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite...or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate, to this doom," Elrond starts, ever so warmly, staring at each member of the council with challenging eyes. His tone, unlike his usual voice, is serious and somber.

Vera sits straighter against her chair with discomfort, staring ahead of her to meet Elrond's eyes. Corin and Neptune sit at her sides, Neptune on her left towards the elves and Corin on her right towards the dwarves. Her face, though mostly blank, is betrayed by her eyes, which hold a sudden fear and hesitance towards the task that Elrond mentioned several times. He had told Vera of what is to come, and she had accepted the fight willingly with knowledge of what she is getting herself in to.

But sitting there at the council meeting with different races amongst them, all united to defeat a common foe, made Vera's stomach shrink uneasily. The same expression on her face lies on the faces of those in the council; somber, thoughtful, scared...maybe even determined. But Vera's attention wasn't entirely on the grown adults beside her, but more so on Frodo. He had been invited to the council meeting, considering that he did carry the ring of power to Rivendell, and now stares at nothing with a hollow expression.

Vera ignores the desire to go over to the Hobbit, and focuses on Elrond.

"Bring forth the Ring, Frodo," Elrond commands, gesturing to the stone in the middle. Everyone is practically on the edge of their seats, trying to lean closer to catch sight of the single thing in the world that could kill them all and destroy their land. The sole reason as to why they are here.

Vera straightens her posture and waits impatiently as Frodo places the ring on the table slowly. Her heartbeat rises and rings in her ears, her hands reaching out to clasp the nearest thing to her; Corin's hand. He turns to her in confusion but doesn't question it, only squeezing her hand back to comfort the princess. Vera's stomach drops.

The ring — a golden, rich circle — is placed on the center with a heavy thud that seemed to weigh on the council member's hearts wearily. Whispers suddenly arise at the sight of the trinket. It bewilders her to know that something so little and seemingly so powerless, could bring such doom to her people and her home.

The feä inside of her recoils from the darkness that surges and whimpers, leaving Vera with an uncertain weariness. If her bright, strong spirit shrinks away from the object, then the darkness of the ring is much stronger than anyone could think. It whispers to everyone, filling the head with meaningless but captivating wishes and digs into your mind to find your deepest, darkest desires.