xxiv. bonding experiences

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀 𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹
❝ 𝒃𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

BOROMIR LEAVES THE HAVEN THAT VERA SETTLED in that morning, promising to give news of her whereabouts to the rest of the Fellowship and to inform them to keep the conversation away from what happened last night

BOROMIR LEAVES THE HAVEN THAT VERA SETTLED in that morning, promising to give news of her whereabouts to the rest of the Fellowship and to inform them to keep the conversation away from what happened last night. Most have been understanding of her request, but Merry and Pippin were downright upset about that factor, shouting in protest. Boromir reminded them that they could now embark on their usual task of trying to make Vera happy, which quickly leaves them in agreement.

It wasn't long until Vera entered their little shelter from her haven, shuffling nervously. Aragorn straightened his posture, the Hobbits arranging their things, and Legolas trying to appear nonchalant. Boromir face-palms at their attempts while Vera raises an eyebrow. Then, as if it couldn't get more comical, they simultaneously flash her brilliant smiles, looking as if it was forced but merry.

Much to their relief, Vera releases a chuckle at their attempts, moving past them to get her satchel. The atmosphere was a little awkward but the Fellowship move past it after Merry and Pippin made a joke that caused Gimli to laugh in his sleep, which resulted in Vera laughing, and the rest laughing because they were actually happy. Well, with the exception of Legolas, who only smirks. Vera wonders if the Elf has any other emotion except blank, cold, and smirking. He didn't even laugh when she tickled his knee. Vera decided that she would use this as a chance to keep him laughing and keep her distracted.

After their rather jolly morning, the Fellowship packed their things and cleaned their shelter to rid any hints of them ever being there, and woke Gimli up — who was rather disoriented after being smacked by a giant, water hand, courtesy of Pippin, Merry, and Vera — but he didn't seem angered, having been relieved when he saw the girl laughing instead of crying. He later admitted that he didn't know what to do at a sight of a crying woman, which all the other members except Sam agreed upon, and only tried helping by patting her head. Vera then came to the realization that the Dwarf practically knocked her head into her rings during her regretful burst of emotion.

Everything was nearly back to normal, except for the sudden eruption of sadness in one of the members after mentioning Gandalf, but they had managed to professionally move past moments like those by telling a joke. They were all trying their best to appear alright but Vera wonders how long until one of them snaps, except for her and the Hobbits, considering they already did their jobs. However, Vera did notice that some of the members had been extra helpful when regarding her. Aragorn had stepped in before she could carry her satchel and Legolas had helped her put on her cloak, going to the extremest of lengths to keep her from blowing up.