⤷ prologue

a story by:
𝔚𝔬𝔩𝔣_𝔔𝔲𝔢𝔢𝔫_101

mizuki sayekothe ice queen of karasuno

mizuki sayeko
the ice queen of karasuno

known for her intimidating beauty, astute eyes and emotionless expression. she kept to herself, preferring to be in her own company. always seen at the back of the class with a book in her hands, insouciant towards the lecture before her; the knowledge and information were already embedded in her mind.

she was inattentive to her surroundings —
well, at least that's what many presumed. unbeknownst to them, she was mindful of what happened around her. she didn't showcase her awareness, finding no need to allow others to initiate frivolous conversations with her. the third-year would stay in her own bubble of silence and comfort, uncaring of the hushed whispers and the lingering stares of the student body, following her wherever she went.

there were a couple of times where some students decided to futilely befriend her, believing that she was simply misjudged, that she was silently pleading for someone to notice her esoteric pain, desperately yearning for help.

mizuki was swift to dismiss them, saying she was content with her own presence and that she was only in karasuno to obtain an education.

she preferred not to indulge in the notion of friendship, believing them to be a disturbance to her tranquil and serene life.

the only person she'd ever interact amicably with, however, was her fellow third year, kiyoko shimizu. friends since birth, it wasn't surprising that mizuki allowed her to be the only one she'd willingly interact with.

it was also no surprise that mizuki agreed to help coach the volleyball team after seeing her childhood friend beg, tears welling up in her eyes as desperation blazed heavily within them. having always been a sucker for sad people, mizuki caved in and provided her analytical help.

it wasn't unknown to the students in karasuno that mizuki shared her soul with four other people. those that paid attention to her throughout their high school life noticed that she bore four marks:

two owls and two cats —
each different in colour and size.

though, what shocked them was how she refused to acknowledge them, acting as if they were just marks that were haphazardly placed on her body, that they held no significance to her.

why?

well, that's because mizuki sayeko hated the concept of soulmates. she despised the fact that when she met them, her life would forever be intertwined with theirs. she refused to believe that there were people out there specifically made for her. it was such a silly thought, and it baffled her that many believed in it, turning into hopeless romantics, consumed by the thoughts of their fated match.

it was a load of bullshit to the ice queen.

but what happens when she meets her mates?
it's obvious that she'll reject them, but what will happen when they're too stubborn to let her go just like that?

mizuki wouldn't realise it till later, but her soulmates would melt her frozen heart, thawing her icy exterior.

they would be her blessing in disguise, her guardian angels, her loyal knights in shining armour. they'd open her mind, showing her that not every soulmate outcome was bad. they'd try and try and try, never giving up on her.

they were determined,
and, boy, was she in for a hell of a ride.