Besties

~Chapter one~

Melody

I get dragged into the shopping mall by my two bestfirends Katlin and Aliya, my best friends that's always been there for me.

Katlin's a bubbly light that can make everyone smile, she's a social butterfly getting along with everyone. She's got beautiful flawless brown hair, everything about her is almost perfect.

Her pale skin tone, chestnut brow eyes, diamond face and full lips. Not to mention her white smile, she's got everything the boys chase for.

Aliya is also a beautiful super model but mixed with Mexican and White, she's what you call confidence if the word was ever a person. She talks her shit and doesn't let anyone treat her like shit.

Me on the other hand am very quiet, I guess I have a lot to say but no one to say it too. Not saying that my best friends are never there to listen but I guess I'm just always quiet.

I've got a beautiful shade of brown skin with long kinky hair that's in braids to protect it, my eyes turn honey brown in the sun, my lips and a dark shade of pink and my smiles bright.

"Come on Mel! We need new outfits" Katlin pulls me in a shop.

"Correction she news outfits" Aliya smirks at me.

"Look how cute this is!" Kate shrieks picking up a plaid skirt "image this with a white turtle neck" she shows us then adds to her cart.

We pick out some more clothes and go try them on, Kate hands me some light washed denim shorts and white cropped top. It definitely compliments my curves for sure.

I walk out showing Kate and Aliya the outfit "What do you think?" I turn with a smile.

"Wow Mel, you ass is-" Aliya demonstrates with her hands how big my ass supposedly to looks.

"She means you look good" Kate smiles "try the dress" she shoos me back in.

I try on the body con dress that stops just above my thighs, it's stripped with blue and white. Kate's been trying to get me into skits and dresses for some reason.

I'm comfortable with my cropped black tops and grey joggers. I don't mind expanding my closet but all this is not necessary.

After shopping for a few hours we go and get some food to eat, we all order some milkshakes each different flavours. I get strawberry, Kate gets chocolate and Aliya gets Vanilla.

Then we order some burger and fries, Aliya keeps making us laugh making it difficult to eat in peace.

"Yeah- And then- oh my" Kate tilts back on her chair laughing, at this point my stomach hurts and I haven't even been through half my burger.

Aliya bangs on the table still laughing as I wheeze. "Okay okay" I laugh "let's clam down" we all look at each other in silence then break out laughing again.

Soon enough the laughter dies down and we actually eat. "So have you guys heard?" Kate asks putting fries in her mouth.

"About the new guy?" Aliya smiles.

"Yeah, he's been the new school buzz for about a week now" I say sipping my milkshake.

"He starts tomorrow," Kate adds "maybe this could be your new boy toy?" She looks at me.

"Boys are not toys, just like girls are not objects" I tell her.

"I know, I'm just saying this could be good for you- a distraction maybe" she says killing the whole mood.

"Katlin" Aliya warns.

"I'm just saying" Kate surrenders.

"Okay" I break the awkward silence "I have to get home, my dads expecting me" I stand.

"We'll see you tomorrow?" Kate hugs me.

"Yeah" I hug her back then hug Aliya.

"Oh and please wear something you brought" she says as I put my things in my backpack.

"Bye, see you tomorrow" I swing my things on my back then wave. On my way to the bus stop I take out some ear plugs and put them in, I connect myself with some music then carry on.

I sit at the empty bus stop waiting for the bus to come, a Billie Eilish song comes on as the bus rides up to me. I smile at the bus driver as I show my bus pass then sit in the middle isle.

I sit and listen to my music until I have to get off "Thank you" I say before stepping off the bus. I step inside my house finding my dad passed out in front of the tv.

I close the tv then cover my dad up, I take two steps at a time up the stairs to my room. I take my shoes and back off then slump on the bed automatically drifting off.
•••

I wake up then start getting ready for school, I put on the white crop top I bought with some grey joggers and white trainers. I tie my hair into a high ponytail leaving two hairs out in front.

I rush down to find my father eating breakfast in a rush too "Hey kido" he smiles putting his bowl in the sink "I'll see you after school" he kisses my forehead.

"Be safe" I smile.

"Always am" he leaves closing the door behind him, I make me some cereal then eat revising for my English exam I have today.

I finish breakfast then make my way to the bus stop waiting for the bus with music in my ears.